Aircrew Officer – Expression of Interest
CareFlight was founded in 1986 as an aeromedical charity with the mission to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Today, we deliver services nationally. Our critical care doctors, paramedics and nurses are specially trained in emergency and trauma, pre-hospital and remote medicine and we use helicopters, jet aircraft, turbo-prop planes and road vehicles to reach and treat patients wherever they are.
We run accredited training for clinical specialists; operate extensive aviation and logistic training for our employees and other organisations; run a range of free education and training programs in regional, rural and remote areas, and partner with emergency service organisations, defence forces and businesses to deliver our expertise.
Due to possible expansion within the organisation new opportunities for qualified and experienced aircrew officers to join our dedicated team may arise. These positions and proposed locations are yet to be confirmed however the minimum requirements listed below will be required for all positions. CareFlight invites expressions of interest from qualified applicants.
Key responsibilities include:
- undertaking aircrew duties in accordance with CareFlight’s policy and procedures;
- ensuring secondary non-flying duties are undertaken as allocated by the RW managers;
- participating in aircrew officer training, as required / requested by RW managers; and
- acting as a media liaison, as requested, and in collaboration with CareFlight’s Media, Communications & Media team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a minimum 500 hours as a helicopter Aircrew Officer/Winch Operator;
- previous Australian SAR/EMS/Fire experience;
- Winch/Rappel competency in accordance with CAO 29.11
- NVG competency in accordance with CAO 82.6.
- Front Left Hand seat ACO experience;
- Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman/Aircrew Officer) 2016 or newer;
- Helicopter Underwater Escape training (HUET);
- CASA Class 2 Medical;
- a sound understanding of CAOs, rules and regulations pertaining to the ACO role within a rotary wing operation.
- a demonstrated understanding of CRM/NTS/Human Factors, risk management and safety management systems.
The following will be highly regarded:
- AW-139/B-412/BK117 experience;
- First Aid / Resuscitation Certificate from a recognised authority.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria together with your preference on role location. Applications for this opportunity will close on Friday 20th Nov 2020. If you have any questions in relation to this position, please contact Vanessa Dickson:- email@example.com
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|