AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defence industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
Participate as a non-rated crew member on approved missions flown in support of an OCONUS US Government contract. Responsible for accomplishing all required non-rated crew member duties in accordance with policies and procedures. Perform duties under the supervision of the Pilot-Command to include but are not limited to, aircraft configuration changes to support alternate missions, aircraft cargo, personnel loading and unloading operations and passenger safety briefings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform non-rated crewmember duties in accordance with aircrew training program requirements.
- Plan and perform airdrop operations.
- Plan and perform loading and unloading activities, compute the center-of-gravity position and ensure it is within prescribed limits at all times.
- Ensure the cargo compartment is properly configured for each mission.
- Verify and maintain a manifest for cargo and/or personnel.
- Supervise and participate in loading/unloading operations.
- Ensure cargo and passengers are properly restrained.
- Confirm security of cargo and passengers as necessary.
- Supervise passengers during routine and emergency operations.
- Report any malfunction, maintenance or safety concern to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform emergency procedure actions as required by applicable directives and/or the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform aircraft servicing duties including fuelling operations, aircraft configuration changes as required.
- Position requires a U.S. security clearance.
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 150 hours of NVG experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a licensed A&P aircraft mechanic with experience on helicopter and associated sub systems.
- Minimum of 650 total rotary wing flight hours.
- Current FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
- Conversant in English.
- Branch 15 Aviation MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent
- 5 years experience with UH-1, CH-46/CH-47, S-61/H3 or MD-530 series aircraft.
- Combat experience and previous exposure to operations in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
- Previous experience with the M-4, Glock 19, M-249, and GAU-17 desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyses successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
Primary Location: Afghanistan
Overtime Status: Exempt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|