Posted: Wednesday, 23 November 2022
Design Engineer Mechanical
Job Locations NO-Sola
Posted Date 11/23/2022 9:50 AM
Requisition ID 2022-4926
# of Openings 1
CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
The design department provides EASA approved design and repair for rotorcraft and aeroplanes for customers worldwide. The Design Engineers Mechanical design is a part of the design team and main tasks are design, compliance verification and certification of modifications to helicopter
- Design of structural and mechanical solutions including CAD work (2d and 3d)
- 3d scanning and 3d printing
- Product Change Classification
- Structural stress analysis
- Compliance verification and certification
- Participate in bidding activity
- Take role as project engineer in design projects
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor (or similar) or higher educational degree in mechanics or aeronautics (long experience may compensate for education)
- Creative thinking
- Knowledge in structural stress analysis
- Knowledge in aerodynamics
- Knowledge of Certification Specifications and other relevant Regulations
- Fluid in English language
- Experience in CAD systems
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.