North Memorial Health •
Siren, Wisconsin, USA
About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you’re part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North’s culture which is designed to actively support each team member’s wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Pilot is responsible for the safety and efficient conduct of the flight assignment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Determines that crew is licensed, adequately rested and in proper dress.
• Plans flight assignments, and obtains briefing information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, and special instructions.
• Prepares or supervises preparation of flight plan considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids.
• Supervises crew members to insure proper planning and flight preparation.
• Ensures the aircraft has the proper pre-flight inspection, loading equipment, and crew for the flight assignment.
• Ensures proper flight kit is aboard.
• Inspects or supervises inspection of engines, fuselage and control surfaces for mechanical and structural soundness and proper operation of communications and navigational equipment on pre-flight inspections.
• Supervises loading and distribution of cargo and passengers and determines that weight and balance is within prescribed limitations per appropriate loading schedules. Calculates load center of gravity and weight utilizing a computer or applicable information contained in the aircraft flight manual or aircraft weight and balance data as appropraite, or FAA approved alternate or other FAA approved method.
• Ensures cargo is properly secured and provisions for passenger comfort and emergency equipment are aboard.
• Files appropriate flight plan, if required by policy or applicable FARs.
• Operates aircraft at favorable altitude taking into account turbulence, oxygen requirements and comfort of passengers during flight.
• Completes all required flight logs, records and maintenance forms.
• Maintains his/her copy of Operations Manual with current revisions.
• Must be highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, etc. and other instructions pertinent to duties.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• FAA Commercial Rotorcraft Certification, ATP Preferred.
• Helicopter Instrument Rating
• Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1500 hours total with 1200 hours helicopter required.
• 500 hours cross country flight experience.
• 100 hours instrument experience (50 hours in actual flight).
• 500 hours turbine time
• 100 hours night
• FAA airline transport pilot or commercial pilot licensed with helicopter and instrument rating (helicopter)
• Must pass and obtain a FAA Class I medical exam on semi/biannual basis
• Must pass drug and alcohol testing at initial hiring and then on a random testing basis
• Valid Class D Driver’s license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
North Memorial Health
3300 Oakdale Avenue North
Robbinsdale , Minnesota 55422 USA
Best Care in The Air!
Led by the region’s leading Level l trauma center.
When it comes to incredible healthcare, the sky’s the limit. North Memorial Health Air Care takes its high performing, highly trained staff to the sky to respond to emergencies…
North Memorial Health offers a competitive benefits package that is comprehensive, supporting team members through health, financial, career growth and work/life balance goals.
Our service flies 8 Augusta 109S and 1 Augusta 109E.