Helimax Aviation Inc •
McClellan, California, USA
Helimax Aviation, Inc.
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Helimax Aviation, Inc. is seeking a First Mechanic to join the team. The successful candidate will supervise junior Mechanics on their shift and assist fellow team mechanics in all phases of aircraft maintenance and maintenance planning to meet goals and schedule deadlines as required.
- Responsible for managing day to day maintenance operations including involvement in the employment decisions for junior Mechanics.
- Authorized to approve aircraft, aircraft engines, propellers, appliances, or component parts for return to service after maintenance, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, or alteration. (14 CFR 43.7)
- Ability to review, update, and revise aircraft weight and balance Chart ‘C’ as required.
- Complete log book records in accordance with Company policy and FAA regulations.
- Required to be on constant alert for defective, worn, or failed parts as well as safe working conditions, as well as using consistent discretion to diagnose other issues.
- Schedule crew meetings to include but not be limited to relaying pertinent information to recent posted Maintenance Alert Bulletins, Training, Safety, and managing other sensitive and relevant company information to aid the mechanics on shift in proper performance of their duties.
- Responsible for reportable items to Quality Control (QC) or CAS such as MISR, SDR and information necessary for QC to report to the FAA as appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge of aviation, aerodynamics, aircraft parts, parts orders, materials inventory and communicating needs of items required to maintain aircraft.
- Responsible for the repair, of support equipment, tooling, and communicating needs and deficiencies. Ensuring that only currently calibrated tooling is used.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the maintenance facilities to include reporting deficiencies as needed.
- Ensure all mechanics have access to and are using required current Maintenance manuals, Company manuals, and other Technical Data that is current and up to date for aircraft maintenance at hand.
- Ensure all current approved data, Reference and Training Materials are properly maintained and segregated.
- Ensure the proper tools and equipment are being used correctly for the job task’s at hand.
- Required to assign tasks accordingly, not exceeding the capability, skills or knowledge of any individual without the assistance of a fully capable and experienced individual of the assigned task. (14 CFR 65.81) (a)(b)
- Coordinate with QC primary and collateral duty inspectors as required to meet task objectives.
- Discuss and monitor all activities to ensure safe and best practices are observed by all crew members as described in the Company’s HSE and SPCC Manuals posted on the Company’s Intranet.
- Ensure all crews are using the proper safety gear for the job.
- Ensure proper and timely entry of maintenance performed, and parts usage in the aircraft Log pages and Electronic Maintenance database records.
- Familiar with the proper opening, completion, and closing of Repair Station Work Orders.
- Responsible for positive promotion of company policy and procedures to the work force.
- Ensures proper job pass down procedures are being followed at all times.
- Coordinate with the Crew Chief the daily work schedule and assign the shift workload to assigned crews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with applicable FAA Regulations and Company policy.
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant certification.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Required to stay current with all mandatory company assigned reading and training.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to drive company vehicles.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and MS Office.
- Must be OAS Cardable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience maintaining large civil aircraft including troubleshooting, repairing of airframe, powerplant systems, deferrals, corrective actions, and return aircraft to service.
- Must have inspection authority, Airworthiness Release Authority is a plus.
- Ability to manage small groups of people, organize, prioritize assigned work, and know the assigned scope of the operation and the status of the work.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Meet all Airworthiness Release requirements. (GMM and 14 CFR 135.443)
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Crew Chief, Lead Supervisor, Production Manager, and Director of Maintenance.
- Must be able to travel if needed, fly with aircraft to meet situational requirements as they occur.
- Overseas travel as required in support of aircraft operations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Competitive wages – salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA):https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA): https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Helimax Aviation Inc
5825 Price Ave
McClellan, California 95652 USA
Based in McClellan, CA Helimax Aviation Inc. offers a wide variety of helicopter services World-Wide to include Tower Construction, Concrete, Wire Pulling, HVAC/Rooftop, Rock/Rock Levees/Trees, Ski Lift Construction, Firefighting, Seeding/Fertilizing…
401K, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Long term disability
Bell Helicopter, Airbus, CH47D Chinook
Bell 205A-1++, Airbus Astar 350B3e, Bell 212HP, CH47-D Chinook