B1.3 Licensed Engineer/Fitter III
Location: Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Type: Mid-Senior level
About our team…
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying school (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE – It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall Purpose Of The Job
(2 posts available)
B1.3 Licensed Engineer/Fitter III is to carry out the certification of maintenance and repair on Airbus rotorcraft AS350, AS355 Series, AS365, EC120, EC130, EC135, EC145 and
- Accomplishment of Maintenance inspections and repairs as directed by Maintenance
- Supervisors. This is a certifying role that requires a Part 66 License in B1.3 (Turbine Rotorcraft). The ability to work as a team leader and to high standards to ensure continued safe operation of the aircraft.
- Completion of maintenance, including airframe structure, power plant and mechanical and electrical systems. Replacement of avionic line replaceable units, requiring simple tests to prove their serviceability.
- Supervision of maintenance fitters and the certification of their work.
- Also required to assist in day to day running of Hangar, including aircraft movement and general housekeeping responsibilities.
Knowledge And Skills
- Thorough knowledge of engine and airframe systems and specialised test equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible to the requirements of the company and needs of the customer
Education, Qualifications Or Special Training
- Part 66 B1.3 Licence
- Candidates without a licence but with extensive aircraft maintenance experience that are in the process of studying for a licence will also be considered
- 5 Years’ experience in a rotary environment.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Working knowledge of UK CAA regulations most importantly Part 145, Part M and UK ANO requirements is essential.
In joining the Airbus family, you will play a critical part in delivering the most efficient helicopters for its customers, who serve, protect, save lives and carry passengers in demanding environments. On top of your competitive base salary, you will have access to the following benefits below via our Airbus salary sacrifice schemes:
- Private Medical Insurance (Bupa) – single cover for employees paid by the company
- Pension: Employees are auto-enrolled into the Airbus Group UK Retirement Fund. Initially, AH contributes 6%, employee 4% basic
- Share Incentive Plan and ESOP. Annual share schemes at company discretion.
- Success Share, Discretionary Group bonus scheme (conditions apply)
- Bikes to Work (up to £3,000) (employee purchase scheme)
- Technology ( employee purchase scheme)
- Mydrive (employee car purchase scheme)
- Den-Plan (employee purchase scheme)
- Health-care Cash Scheme
- Personal Accident Insurance (employee purchase scheme)
- Health Assessments
- Travel Insurance
- Financial/Legal Advice (eg, Will-writing; Lasting Power of Attorney)
Due to the nature of this position you will require DBS Security Clearance and eligible for SC clearance.
“Applicants must meet any/all requirements of Export Compliance Regulation’s.”
Travel within the UK or abroad to support related business requirements (not extensive).
Please note this vacancy will close on Monday 13th February 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. After this date the applications will then be reviewed, Feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged. Please direct any questions relating to this job posting to email@example.com in the first instance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Customer Eng.&Technical Support&Services
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to moc.subria@mosme.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.