Operations Officer in Karratha, Western Australia | Careers at Karratha
Posted: Monday, 30 January 2023
Job Locations AU-WA-Karratha
Posted Date 1/30/2023 1:31 AM
Requisition ID 2022-4999
# of Openings 1
Category Aircraft Maintenance Operations
CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
Administration / Operations Officer
Fixed term – Karratha WA
CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably.
All you have to do is get on board.
CHC Helicopters is looking to appoint a suitably experienced Operations Officer, within its fixed base of operations in Karratha, WA for a fixed term period until 30 June 2024. Reporting to Base Manager, the Administration/Operations officer will provide support to flight operations and maintenance at the base. The role is responsible for the routine administration and management of the Operations room.
Applicants must reside in the local Karratha area.
- Base Administration – booking accommodation, raising purchase orders, maintenance requests
- Ensure that the Daily Flying Program is completed by respective personnel on base
- Coordinate support to flight logistics
- Play a key role in CHC’s ability to set the standard for safety, helping to maintain our position as world leader.
- Ensure the Operations room is equipped with the necessary publications and other relevant information is available to enable flight crews to conduct pre-flight planning.
- Maintain the status and movement boards.
- Ensure the Base radio facilities are serviceable prior to commencement of the daily flying program (to include meteorological gathering equipment)
- Maintain a continuous Flight Following watch during the period of duty.
- Co-ordinate SAR response in accordance with Company procedures
- Ensure the flight crews are advised of their duty periods and any changes to their roster.
- Ensure the operations and duty hand-over logs are recorded in an efficient manner.
- When on Standby Duty, be available for call out in the event of any flight requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Competent computer skills especially with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously under general direction
- Team oriented and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Demonstrate a positive, flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent customer service skills
- Aviation operational experience or experience in a similar role will be viewed favourably