Tiltrotor Experimental Test Pilot
Arlington, Texas, United States
Incumbent will plan, execute and report on experimental flight test in tilt rotor aircraft and helicopters, conduct other flight test operations, maintain flight currency, and travel in support of Bell Textron flight operations, all as required by supported programs. Incumbent will participate in and/or lead test planning, flight evaluations, flight test analysis, and flight test reports.
This position is located at the Bell Textron facility in Arlington, Texas.
- Plan, execute and report on engineering and experimental test flights of new aircraft and/or systems.
- Demonstrate safe, effective, and efficient test planning and execution, applying crew resource management principles with flight crew, telemetry engineers, ATC, chase aircraft, etc.
- Be a positive and constructive member of the test pilot team and project teams as assigned to maximize unity of effort and ensure successful accomplishment of the test program.
- Make recommendations as to operational effectiveness of systems, aircraft handling qualities and design improvements.
- Serve as a consultant to management and as an external spokesman for Bell on major matters and programs.
- Perform additional tasks and acquire varying responsibilities as appropriate.
- Must be a graduate of an approved test pilot school
- Minimum of 1500 hours total time in tilt rotor aircraft and/or helicopters
- Minimum 1000 hours as pilot in command
- Minimum of 100 hours of developmental, engineering, or experimental flight test time
- At least three years’ experience in vertical lift flight test and systems development
- FAA Class I or II medical certificate
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with design engineers, flight test crews, and maintenance personnel
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally in support of test programs
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Strongly preferred: Minimum of 500 hours tilt rotor flight time
- Experience with US Army aviation
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
3225 Bell Helicopter Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas 76118 USA
Above and Beyond Flight
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to the market. Today, we’re defining…
Consumer driven benefits options
Vacation time/sick days
“Holiday shutdown” during December holidays