We are looking for Helicopter Flight Instructors to help us deliver high quality ground and simulator instruction in full motion Flight Simulation Training Devices.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver pilot ground and simulator training for helicopter pilots seeking initial transition or recurrent training on Airbus Helicopters models.
- Conduct thorough pre-briefs and de-briefs with trainees to reinforce training objectives.
- Develop and prepare training materials that support training objectives.
- Evaluate and measure trainee progress and recommend for qualification or additional training.
- Complete accurate training records as required.
- Maintain Instructor qualifications in accordance with applicable regulatory/company requirements.
- Must possess Commercial-Rotorcraft and Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument (CFII) certificates (FAA or ICAO member state).
- Must have five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Must have 1,500 hours of total flight time.
- Must be able and willing to participate in the company’s DOT Drug & Alcohol testing program.
- Preferred: AS350, EC135, EC145, and/or H145 helicopter experience
- Preferred: FAR Part 135, FAR Part 121, and/or military training experience
- Preferred: 2,500 hours of total flight time
- Preferred: Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate (FAA or ICAO member state)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of aviation regulations and best practices
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Exceptional customer service and safety mindset
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Ability to receive constructive feedback to support continued development
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and other web-based programs
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese language(s) (strongly preferred)
Physical Requirements and Environment:
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to manipulate numerous screens, buttons, switches, tools, and controls; reach controls with hands, arms, feet, and legs; and to speak and hear. The candidate will be required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
Must possess physical range of motion to perform the following:
- Reach and manipulate numerous screens, buttons, switches, and controls within the Flight Simulator.
- Enter and exit from the Flight Simulator via a ramp.
- Move between the Instructor station and pilot/observer seats within the Flight Simulator.
- Evacuate from the Flight Simulator while the device is in a severely pitched attitude (in the event of a severe malfunction or emergency).
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The candidate will regularly be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The candidate may work in high, precarious places and will occasionally be exposed to loud noises and vibration.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $150.00 – $175.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Prairie, TX 75052: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have any flight experience in the H145 helicopter? If so, please describe.
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Portuguese (Preferred)
- Certified Flight Instructor (Required)
Work Location: One location
Source: Part Time Helicopter pilot Jobs | Glassdoor & Helisim LLC | Job offer