Helicopter Mechanic-Corpus Christi
HALO-Flight Inc. •
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, Inspections, repairs, and modifications to airframes, rotors and appliances in accordance with applicable
manufacturer’s, FAA, and Halo Flight regulations, policies, and procedures to the highest standards possible.
- Schedules aircraft maintenance considering such factors as workflow, location of equipment and facilities, tools, supplies and job requirements. Communicates with the Director of Maintenance, PIC, and OCC concerning scheduled maintenance needs and estimated out of service times. Communication shall be as far in advance as possible to the Director of Maintenance to allow for necessary schedule changes. This will be followed by regular updates until the aircraft is taken out of service.
- Maintains applicable aircraft maintenance records, publications, and documents in a current status in accordance with Halo Flights policy and procedures.
- Perform maintenance record entries in accordance with applicable FARs, manufacturers and Halo Flight policies and procedures.
- Maintains close liaison with the Director of Maintenance to provide current status of aircraft and forecast downtime.
- Maintain/monitor and account for parts, tools, support equipment, and supplies inventory in accordance with Halo Flights policies and procedures as applicable.
- Orders anticipated parts, lubricants, etc., in sufficient quantity to ensure no aircraft down time for affected maintenance requirements.
- Performs other collateral duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- Maintains accountability of all personally owned tools in accordance with Halo Flights policies.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be willing to be “On Call” for maintenance issues that arise after hours.
- Maintain shop equipment, aircraft support equipment, special tools, and ground based fueling system.
- Attend weekly/monthly staff, program and/or department meetings as applicable.
HALO-Flight offers excellent health, short-term, long-term insurance and a matching 401k retirement plan along with very competitive pay.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Very flexible schedule. 7&7, 5&2, etc.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate as prescribed by FAR 65.
- Minimum three years helicopter maintenance experience with a minimum of 6 months A&P maintenance experience during the past 24 months
- The individual must possess and project a professional image at all times.
- Must possess personally owned tools appropriate for the mission.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a desire and ability to work as a team with Flight, Medical crews, and peer technicians.
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- Comprehensive ability to work in a computerized environment. Comfortable working with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Online familiarity is crucial.
- Must carry a cell phone and be available for afterhours/weekend maintenance issues that may arise.
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including days, nights, weekends, and some holidays to complete maintenance.
- Three (3) years as an A&P on turbine powered, helicopters.
- IFR Helicopter avionics and auto pilot experience (as applicable to model).
- Inspection Authorization is a plus.
- Additional FAA/FCC ratings a plus.
- Related Associates Degree.
- Manufacturer’s training or equivalent on the Bell Helicopter model 407, 429 or both.
- Previous HEMS experience.
- Flight Docs experience a plus.
- Graduate of an FAA Part 147 Aviation Maintenance School or Academy.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring extensive sitting, moderate walking and standing.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of burdens, up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending and reaching on a limited basis.
- Ability to hear routine conversation and to distinguish various office noises, and aircraft and machinery noises on a daily basis.
- Ability to work for significant amounts of time on computer equipment.
- Must be able to climb atop aircraft and work with the aid of work stands with limited movement.
- Must be able to work within confined spaces.
Work may be performed in, on or near operational aircraft. Exposure to aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical hazards. Exposure to routine office noise, and minor electrical and mechanical hazards. Indoor and outdoor, flight line and hangar locations under variable inclement weather conditions.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
1843 FM 665
Corpus Christi, Texas 78415 USA
HALO-Flight is a 501(c)3 non-profit Helicopter Air Ambulance corporation that has been in operation for over 35 years. We are headquartered in Corpus Christi and have bases in Alice and Beeville TX. We operate 3 SPIFR Bell 407GXi, 1 VFR Bell 407 and …
100% Employee Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance paid for by the company.
100% Employee Short-term / Long-term Disability coverage paid for by the company.
Annual $2,500 education benefit.
401K with 5% match, fully vested after 5 years.
Initial PTO rate equates to 2 weeks per year.
Paid company training days.
Bell 407 Bell 407GXi Bell 429