[Application deadline is 29 March 2023. /Admin]
Rotary Wing Line Pilot – Fire and Flood Relief
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Permanent, full-time position
- Sydney location
We respond above and beyond! For over 35 years, CareFlight has been saving lives, speeding recovery and serving the community. We’re service-oriented, dedicated first and foremost to our patients, responsive and respectful of the needs of all stakeholders. We work in unity, as One CareFlight, integrating diverse teams across geographies to achieve our shared mission. We lead the way in delivering clinical and operational excellence whilst remaining agile, flexible and open to ideas, quick to serve, embrace change and adapt to new situations.
We operate with integrity, to the highest ethical standards and fairness to all. We’re profit for purpose. Funds earned and raised go back towards delivery of our service, so we can continue to respond above and beyond to the needs of our patients, communities and customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Rotary Wing Pilot to join our dedicated team. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of committed professionals, be part of a leading aeromedical organisation and enjoy a roster that provides work / life balance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Efficiently conduct helicopter aerial firefighting / fire ground support tasking, training, aeromedical and SAR operations.
- Conducting all flight operations to the highest industry standards of safety and professionalism.
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with the company Operations Manual, Aircraft Flight Manual and all legislative requirements.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The following minimums are set for operations by both day and night, and must be logged in the pilot’s personal flying logbook:
- Hold a current Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) for rotary wing aircraft with appropriate ratings and endorsements to act as pilot-in-command.
- Hold a current CASA Class 1 Medical.
- 2000 hours PIC helicopter.
- 300 hours PIC multi-engine helicopter.
- 100 hours BK117 or B412 experience.
- Night VFR Rating.
- Low Level Rating (H) with Sling Endorsement.
- Aerial Application Rating with Fire (H) Endorsement.
- Bucketing experience.
- 50 hours minimum airborne fire operations experience.
- Current HUET certificate.
- Current Dangerous Goods Awareness Certificate.
- The right to live and work in Australia.
- Willingness to deploy at short notice for extended periods.
- Demonstrated experience working in small specialist teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competency with CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take on non-flying related secondary duties; and
- Demonstrated systems competencies with, Excel and iPad flight planning software (e.g. OzRunways).
Please refer to the position description for the list of desirable criteria for this position.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria, and copies of your current medical and the last page of your logbook. Applications for this opportunity will close on Wednesday, 29 March 2023.
For additional information, please contact [See source link below. /Admin].
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’
Source: View Advert