A/C Mechanic-II CH47
Day & Zimmerman •
Killeen, Texas, USA
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions
- Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
- Removes and installs aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
- Services and lubricates aircraft and subsystems.
- Safely prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
- Performs scheduled inspections and assists in performing special inspections.
- Performs limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required.
- Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
- Mechanic applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical manuals, maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through Government Official Representatives.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- At least three (3) years of documented experience performing avionic on CH-47 aircraft
- FAA A&P license preferred but not required
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects
- Working knowledge of technical publications
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Able to deal with stressful situation while maintaining a professional attitude
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime as needed, shift times/work weeks may be altered to meet customer requirements with minimum amount of notification
- May be required to travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances and access as required by the contract
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have working knowledge of ULLS-A(E)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts
- Requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- This job requires working knowledge of technical publications.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Must be able to safely move about in an aviation maintenance environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, squat, walk, and talk for extended periods during shift.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hand-to-finger movements, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with arms and hands, and work from
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb for limited periods of time
- Regularly required to talk and/or be able to hear
- Must occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- Must be able to safely move about in aircraft maintenance environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, squat, walk, and talk for extended periods during shift
- Reports directly to the Aviation Maintenance Manager
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Day & Zimmerman
1333 McDermott Dr
Ste. 200 Office 218
Allen, Texas 75013 USA
Founded in 1901, Day & Zimmermann is a family-owned company with a workforce of over 42,000 specializing in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than…
Medical, dental, vision, Life and Disability and 401K