Van Nuys, California, USA
Helinet is a diversified helicopter service provider located in Van Nuys, California. We are a dynamic, fast-paced company that provides services to a wide range of markets, including VIP charter, air medical, electronic news gathering, motion picture production, utility, and public safety. Throughout the industry and around the world, we are known for an unparalleled quality of service, an outstanding safety record, and a highly respected staff of aviation professionals.
Chief Inspector will assists, supervises, and directs all personnel assigned to the inspection department
- Ascertains that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work and that the proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the maintenance department are properly executed on a timely basis, prior to releasing aircraft for return to service
- Coordinates with the FAA Certificate Holding District Office and other Federal Aviation Administration offices regarding Quality Assurance issues
- Oversees the proper tagging and identification of all parts and components
- Provides for continuity of inspection responsibility, assuring completion of required inspection when personnel shift or assignment changes occur
- Evaluates and processes changes in inspection and maintenance and avionics policies and procedures
- Ensures contractors who perform work on aircraft or appliances are in compliance with applicable FARs and Company policies and procedures
- Oversees the final acceptance of all incoming raw material, including new parts and supplies and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside Company maintenance by contract
- Assures the proper execution of FAA Form 337 and/or a maintenance release when required
- A&P Certified Mechanic with IA
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior experience working for an FAA Part 145 Repair Station
- Prior experience in coordinating with the FAA Certificate Holding District Office and other Federal Aviation Administration offices regarding Quality Assurance issues
- Experienced in submitting reports of failures, malfunctions or defects of an article in accordance with 14 CFR Part 145.221
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in computer systems (Microsoft Office)
- Very strong organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and maximizes time
- Must be a team player that collaborates well with others
Helinet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against for any reason. All Helinet employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law to include Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (LCIHO) LCIHO Link. Helinet is also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to members of the armed forces.
$51 per hour-$56 per hour
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
16303 Waterman Drive
Van Nuys, California 91406 USA
Helinet Aviation provides premium helicopter services for multiple markets nationwide—serving the motion picture, news, charter, medical, and government industries with unparalleled professionalism and quality.
Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k program with company match. Additionally, we offer Life & Disability insurance and Aflac Supplemental insurance programs. We offer paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday time.
Salary Range DOE.
Airbus, Sikorsky, Leonardo
AS350, AS355, A109, UH60 & S76