[See the LinkedIn-source at the bottom of the post. /Admin]
- 29-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits
Southern Utah University is looking to hire Flight Instructors for our rotor wing program in Cedar City, UT. These persons will provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with 14CFR Part 61, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operational requirements, and program policies and procedures. This person will schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that each student in each flight course meets course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
First Consideration Date for Applicants: December 14th, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform those flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the current Training Course Outline.
2. Maintain accurate program records including student training records.
3. Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of the Safety Program.
4. Manage training schedules of all assigned students.
5. Attend instructor and student meetings as assigned.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. 200 hours total flight time in helicopters.
2. FAA Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) Helicopter & CFI Instrument Helicopter.
3. SFAR 73 endorsement to instruct in Robinson R44.
4. Completed, or scheduled, Robinson factory safety course.
5. Current FAA Class I or Class II Medical Certificate.
6. Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
7. Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
8. Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements.
9. Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced and noisy environment while exercising sound judgment at all times.
10. Strong customer service skills.
11. Maintain 80% pass rate for final review and stage checks.
12. Density Altitude flying above 5,000 feet
1. CFII rating
2. Bravo Airspace experience
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- CFI or CFII certificate
- Commercial/ATP certificate
- FAA class I or II medical certificate
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Source: Flight Instructor – Rotor Wing – Cedar City, UT – Southern Utah University Jobs & LinkedIn