Director of Maintenance
Houston, Texas, USA
The Director of Maintenance (DOM), part 135 is responsible for managing all Charter/Managed aircraft maintenance, repairs, inspections, and alterations of company operated aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage all aircraft maintenance functions and activities including all inspections, maintenance and repair of aircraft structures, engines, and accessories, as well as aircraft overhauls and modifications.
- Ascertain that all aircraft maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with the applicable FAA regulations, American Jet Operations Manual, General Maintenance Manual, and Operations Specifications.
- Review all documents before their submission to the FAA and maintain the currency of Operation Specification D085.
- Coordinate the scheduling of aircraft maintenance with the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot.
- Maintain close liaison with the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot to provide current aircraft status and forecasted downtimes during maintenance events.
- Determine personnel requirements and assignments based on present and projected workloads and schedules.
- Coordinate closely with maintenance contracting agencies when maintenance activities are required to be performed on Company aircraft.
- Responsible for making available to all departments the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, and any other required technical data.
- Maintain a diverse fleet consisting of Lear 60XR, Citation S2, Citation Excel, King Air 350i, Hawker 800A and Bell 430.
Schedule & Location
- Position is in Houston, TX. Candidate must live within one hour of Hobby Airport or be willing to relocate (relocation assistance is provided).
- Mostly Monday through Friday business hours but candidate must have the ability to work/take calls on weekends, nights, and holidays if needed.
- Some overnight travel is expected for this position to industry trade shows, sales opportunities, and new location start up as required. Must have a valid passport.
- Full Blue Cross & Blue Shield medical, dental, and ancillary insurances including accident, disability, life & AD&D insurance.
- Paid vacations and 401k.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Valid FAA A&P License.
- At least 3-4 years of working as a licensed airframe & powerplant mechanic (A&P) within recent years.
- Project management experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in working with the following aircraft is strongly preferred: Lear 60XR, Citation S2, Citation Excel, King Air 350i, Hawker 800A and Bell 430.
- Working knowledge of corporate/business aviation current practices and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal department heads, external vendors, clients, and regulatory entities.
- Leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Computer skills necessary to operate Microsoft Office Suite of tools, email, web-based applications, and Apple iPad applications.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
5601 Democracy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024 USA
Flight Crew International (FCI) is based in Dallas, Texas and is managed by aviation specialists. We are a professional crew leasing and recruitment company assisting airlines, corporations, private clients, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft leasin…
Hotel Accommodations + Per Diem + Ground Transportation + Overtime