Flight Following (Dispatch) – British Columbia
Helijet International Inc. has immediate openings for qualified Flight Following Agents.
Permanent, Full Time (30 to 40 hours per week)
Hourly or Salaried
Monday to Friday 0530hrs to 2000 hrs (split into two eight-hour shifts)
Weekends and holidays 0700 to 1900 (one shift)
In-Office position in Richmond, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Flight following of all Company Aircraft
- Organization of Aircraft and crews to meet the daily flying requirement
- Co-ordination with Maintenance for specific flying requirements
- “Irregular Operations” planning and execution in conjunction with Payload
- Provision of weather briefing packages digital or hardcopy for aircrew
- Preparation of flight plans with ATC
- Maintenance of air navigation publications, manuals and subscriptions
- Preparation and dissemination of FW & RW charter information
- Aircraft flight log & flight crew duty data entry and report generation
- Flight operations opening and closing procedures
- Administration of Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Assist in Flight Crew roster time management
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past second vaccine) against Covid-19 by any of the Canadian approved vaccines.
- Certified Aviation Training course, Commercial Pilot Licence, or
- Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate.
- Organizational ability/multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent command of English both written and oral.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to successfully complete training using Company software, along with 3rd party Flight Tracking and Planning Software.
RRSP/TFSA Matching Plan.
Life Insurance & AD&D.
Health, Dental & Emergency Travel Insurance.
Disability Benefits (both short and long term).
Employee Assistance Plan.
Paid vacation, paid medical leave and paid emergency personal leave.
Free standby flights on Helijet’s scheduled airline.
Standby Leisure Travel Privileges on Interlines.
On-the-job, paid training.
Industry rate discounts on hotels, and car rentals.
Employee recognition events, team activities and Social events throughout the year.
Long service employee appreciation and recognition.
Résumés with a cover letter may be sent in confidence to:
Helijet International Inc.
5911 Airport Road S,
Richmond, BC, Canada V7B 1B5
Subject Line: Flt Ops
Scheduled Passenger Service / Air Ambulance/ Charters
Helijet is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Link to website ad: Flight Following Agent