Heliport Ramp Services – Vancouver or Victoria, British Columbia
Helijet International Inc. has immediate openings for Heliport Ramp Services employees at two of our locations.
Permanent, Full Time (30 to 40 hours per week)
Operations are seven days per week, including holidays
Shift work, mornings, afternoons, and evenings. No nights are required.
Work is outside in all weather conditions, at a waterfront heliport in Vancouver or Victoria.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position involves but is not limited to the following duties:
- Board, deplane and safely escort passengers to and from arriving and departing aircraft
- Maintain safe, clean and secure ramps and operations
- Fuel Aircraft
- Complete cargo waybills
- Abide by emergency response procedures when/if critical events occur
- Load and Unload baggage and cargo
- This is a physical job. There is extensive and constant standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stretching, pinching, pushing, pulling, bending, crawling, climbing, twisting, etc.
- Drive passengers in Helijet Courtesy Shuttle Vans
- Maintain cleanliness and perform maintenance at terminals
- Answer incoming phone and radio calls regarding operations and cargo
- Maintain a productive working relationship with all other departments
Training is provided but the following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Experience servicing rotary wing aircraft
- Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license
- Level 1 First Aid
- Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate
- WHMIS Training
- Dangerous Goods
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent communication skills to deal with both internal and external customers
RRSP/TFSA Matching Plan (min. hours required)
Life Insurance & AD&D. (min. hours required)
Health, Dental & Emergency Travel Insurance. (min. hours required)
Employee Assistance Plan.
Paid medical leave and paid emergency personal leave.
Free standby flights on Helijet’s scheduled airline.
Standby Leisure Travel Privileges on Interlines. (min. hours required)
On-the-job, paid training.
Industry rate discounts on hotels, and car rentals.
Employee recognition events, team activities and Social events throughout the year.
Long service employee appreciation and recognition.
Résumés with a cover letter may be sent in confidence to:
Helijet International Inc.
5911 Airport Road S,
Richmond, BC, Canada V7B 1B5
Subject Line: RAMP VAN or RAMP VIC (please specify the region you are applying for)
Scheduled Passenger Service / Air Ambulance/ Charters
Helijet is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Link to website ad: Ramp Agent Vancouver or Victoria