Rotary Wing Pilot (FT)
Taiga Air Services
About the Job
Rotary Wing Pilot (FT).
- Taiga Air Services Ltd. is a long-established Winnipeg-based operator strongly committed to safety and customer service. We are seeking experienced, stable, and motivated team players to contribute to our growing success. A small, multi-talented group, we stand behind our mandate of innovation, vision, and excellence. Our operations extend across many industries delivering specialized imaging services using helicopter and UAV platforms.
Taiga is looking to fill two positions on our pilot roster, full-time and contract. Our current programs require pilots with a minimum of 750 hours and 2000 hours.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Only candidates qualified to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
- Experience flying aircraft similar in configuration and complexity to any of the following Helicopter types: Bell 206, Bell 206 L Series, Bell 407.
- Canadian – Commercial/Senior Commercial/ATPL License.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Valid unrestricted passport and International Travel.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience, in remote area operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus over extended periods of flying.
- An excellent foundation of Airmanship.
Additional experience and/or training value to the position:
- Post- Secondary Education or Training.
- Pilot Decision-making training.
- Aerial Survey/Imaging.
- Forest Fire operations.
- Mountain experience/training.
- Other skills related to our business.
- Field deployments in accordance with Transport Canada Flight and Duty Time regulations.
- Extensive travel to remote locations in Canada and the USA.
- Dynamic emergency response environment with shifting priorities.
- Successfully complete the Taiga Annual Pilot training course.
- Successfully pass an annual PPC check ride.
- Carry out flight operations in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards established by the company.
- Represent Taiga with the highest level of safety, professionalism, and efficiency in every element of our operation.
- Assist fellow crew members in all elements of field operations.
- Carry out basic servicing and cleaning of aircraft and equipment.
- Carry out approved elementary maintenance tasks.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Coordinate field requirements with Operational, Maintenance, and Administrative staff.
We appreciate all applications however due to a large number of submissions, only candidates most qualified for the position will be contacted for further review.