Head of Training
Company: Offshore Services Australia
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
Offshore Services Australasia (OSA) is the leading supplier of helicopters services to the Australian Offshore industry. We operate multiple helicopter types from a number of bases throughout Australia and Timor Leste providing support to a number of the major producers.
OSA has a current opportunity for a dynamic individual to take on the role as Head of Training (HOT). This is a full time Management position accountable for the provision of the OSA Flight Training program to support safe and compliant operations. The HOT must be acceptable to CASA as the Nominated Head of Training and Checking and the Head of Operations of the Part 141 / 142 Organisation for OSA.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a training system appropriate to the Company’s operational needs, with safety of company operations as the first priority.
- Driving implementation and adherence of the OSA harmonized flight operations standards and procedures.
- Ensuring a high standard of training and testing is maintained.
- Monitoring and maintenance of flight crew training through regular observation and appraisal in the training and examining role.
- Ensuring training programs are arranged for efficient and cost effective use of aircraft, simulators, training facilities and training manpower in accordance with the operations manual.
- Consistent in setting flight crew proficiency standards at the highest level appropriate to the safety of line operations.
- Meeting the requirements of relevant regulations as appropriate at all times so far as they relate to training, testing and checking of flight crew.
- Maintain active and positive dialogue with regulatory agencies (CASA) and customers to ensure acceptable standards and business continuity.
- Development of staff management capability through career development discussions and supported with performance appraisals in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure activities within the training department are carried out in accordance to established safety management system principles in the Company.
- Ensure audit readiness and compliance with operator requirements.
- Works closely with outside resources for the delivery of training.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of relevant regulations.
- Must be willing to fly in their AOC on occasional basis to maintain currency.
- Support and engage with departments in business development strategy and assisting the commercial department to develop well costed and operationally deliverable solutions.
- Attend and participate in the Operational and Safety Review Boards.
- Must be willing to travel internationally at times with short notice.
- May be assigned other duties.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Capable of holding Nominated position of Head of Training and Checking and Head of Operations as per CASR 119.145, 138.100 & 142.190
- ATPL H with IR
- Minimum of 500 hours of instructional duties
- Minimum of two years as a flight examiner
- Must be IOGP compliant as Captain for offshore operations
- Flight Examiner Rating with IR and TR endorsements
- Min 5 years management experience
- Type rating on OSA AUS aircraft type – AW139, EC175 or SK92
- Previous Head of Training and Checking / Head of Operations experience
- FER with LL H and NVFR H endorsements
- Excellent knowledge of local aviation legislation and standards.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs.
- Satisfactory record in conduct or management of training and checking in relation to air operations.
- Experience in setting up training systems/methodologies and procedures.
- Experience with project-orientated working methods.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to envision a system wide solution.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct research in course development and delivery concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve and maintain pre-determined service levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to influence internal stakeholders and external bodies recognising cultural, legal and regional diversity
- Highly effective problem solving and decision making abilities
- Self-motivated and results orientated with a focus on quality training
- Excellent motivational skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills
- Able to handle themselves and perform their assigned duties in stressful & critical situations
- Ability to work in rapidly evolving and dynamic team environment
As a part of our commitment to career development, all employees are welcome to apply to any job that interests them. Employees are expected to be performing to expectations in their current role for a period of at least 1 year and have notified their manager, prior to applying for any open positions.
This is a Management position, please submit an updated version of your Resume along with a Covering Letter detailing your value proposition to be considered for this role.