Field Mechanic UH-60 and/or K-1200
Timberline Helicopters, Inc. •
Sandpoint, Idaho, USA
- Maintain his/her assigned aircraft in airworthy condition and provide written evidence to the Pilot-in-Command (PIC), that the aircraft has been approved for return to service, after each maintenance event.
- Ensure that the PIC is fully aware of, and is following the applicable technical data and applicable civil aviation regulations.
- Have the knowledge established by training, employment history, and/or practical tests to perform the scope of work assigned.
- Have proficiency in the tools, equipment, and aids applicable to the work scope.
- Complete daily inspections of aircraft and signing the daily flight release, as applicable.
- Communicate all maintenance performed to the main office for recording purposes.
- Complete all required company paperwork i.e., expense reports and timecards.
- Ensure all necessary parts and hardware for any major maintenance event are on hand, prior to beginning work, by coordinating with FMM.
- Inspect and maintain longlines, remote hooks, and associated equipment.
- Maintain all support equipment (fuel pumps, generators, water pumps, etc.), as necessary, by changing oil, filters, etc. and notifying the Fleet Manager if parts or heavy service is needed.
- Assist ground crews with rigging of external loads, loading of passengers, or other ground duties.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the customer.
- Effective time management and responsible use of down time while on contract jobs.
- Maintain accurate parts tracking by completing the necessary tagging, GoCanvas forms, and cooperating with the Parts Manager and FMM to keep the service van inventory and maintenance tracking current.
- Fuel aircraft as directed by the Pilot-in-Command (PIC), following company procedures.
- Report for work well rested and fit for duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years as a licensed Airframe & Powerplant mechanic with at least one year maintaining helicopters.
- Experience with make and model of assigned aircraft.
- Current Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Must hold (or have the ability to obtain within 6 months) a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with Airbrakes.
- Hazardous Material (Hazmat) endorsement.
- Tanker endorsements.
- Clean driving record.
- Experience and/or training in aircraft refueling and fuel quality control procedures.
- Must be able to be carded IAW USFS Contracts.
14 days on/14 days off
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Timberline Helicopters, Inc.
1926 Industrial Drive
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 USA
Timberline Helicopters is a precision lift helicopter operator providing utility, logging, construction and firefighting services to government and civil customers throughout the U.S. We are also a Part 145-certificated repair station with headquarters…
Full Time Employees are offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k
Sikorsky, McDonnell Douglas, Kaman