Operations Officer in Karratha, Western Australia | Careers at Karratha
Posted: Tuesday, 30 May 2023
Job Locations AU-WA-Karratha
Posted Date 5/30/2023 5:19 AM
Requisition ID 2023-5539
# of Openings 1
CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
Fixed term – Karratha WA
CHC Helicopter is a leader in the provision of helicopter support to the offshore energy market, search & rescue, and government departments, as well as organizations requiring helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services through its Heli-One division.
For more than 75 years, CHC Helicopter has provided safe, reliable, and cost-effective helicopter services in some of the most remote and challenging environments around the world. Our dedication to safety and reputation for quality and innovation help our customers reach beyond what they thought possible.
CHC Helicopters is looking to appoint a suitably experienced Operations Officer, within its fixed base of operations in Karratha, WA for a fixed term period until 30 June 2024. Reporting to Base Manager, the Administration/Operations officer will provide support to flight operations and maintenance at the base. The role is responsible for the routine administration and management of the Operations room. Applicants must reside in the local Karratha area.
All you have to do is get on board.
- Coordinate flights & flight scheduling on a daily basis in liaison with ground staff, offshore and onshore clients.
- Produce Daily Flying Program and distribute.
- Maintain a continuous Flight Following watch during period of duty
- Coordinate SAR and medivac response in accordance with company procedures
- When on Standby Duty be available for call out in the event of any flight requirements
- Daily and monthly reporting
- Base administration – booking accommodation, raising purchase orders, maintenance requests.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Competent computer skills especially with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously under general direction
- Team oriented and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Demonstrate a positive, flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent customer service skills
At CHC we believe a diverse workforce makes us stronger. We want our people to be proud of who they are and where they come from. We will support our colleagues to work safely together, take care of each other and feel empowered and valued in sharing ideas as we create an organisation where we celebrate our differences.
Our commitment to maintaining and growing a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone can achieve their full potential, will ensure a strong and sustainable future for everyone.
We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, all genders, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from diverse backgrounds.