Robinson Helicopter •
Torrance, California, USA
Robinson Helicopters is a leading manufacturer of civil rotorcraft with a 50 year history of providing affordable helicopters for a wide range of applications. Robinson Helicopters is an engineering focused organization that provides challenging and exciting opportunities to contribute to the future of vertical flight.
The Stress Engineer is a member of the engineering team who is responsible for verifying the structural integrity of helicopters by analyzing and testing structures in support of design, development, and certification.
- Ensure structural integrity by conducting static stress, stiffness, stability, and fatigue analysis of aircraft primary and secondary structures using a combination of hand calculations, testing and modeling.
- Identify, plan, and conduct structural test for components, assemblies and aircraft in the laboratory, ground, and flight test environment as necessary to include test planning, conformity, instrumentation, test conduct, data analysis, and issue resolution.
- Interface with other engineers to determine the loads and operating environment for design elements and resolve issues found during development and certification
- Resolve complex structures and loads through modeling and analysis
- Validate that designs meet customer expectations, design objectives, and the requirements of 14 CFR Part 27
- Utilize test data to suggest improvements for future designs
- Develop processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality, and efficiency of the work
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering or a related engineering field
- Experience with hand and computer methods of conducting stress analysis
- Strong understanding of aircraft design principles, structures, and loads
- Experience designing, conducting, and reporting and structural tests
- Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent academic record
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others
- Understanding of aircraft certification requirements
- Hands on experience with FEM/FEA
- FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or ODA Unit Member (UM)
To Be Discussed
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
2901 Airport Drive
Torrance, California 90505 USA
Robinson Helicopter is a leading manufacturer of civil rotorcraft with a 50 year history of providing affordable helicopter for a wide range of applications. Robinson Helicopter is an engineering focused organization that provides challenging and exc…
Robinson Helicopter Company is an equal opportunity employer and offers an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement opportunities for continuing education, plus paid holidays and vacations. Full details, eligibility requirements, and information on additional benefits are available from the Robinson Personnel Department.
Robinson Helicopter Company
R22, R44, R66