Rotary Wing – Training & Checking Pilot – Multi Base
Posted: 1 hour ago
Darwin International Airport, Darwin NT
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Permanent Full Time Position
CareFlight was founded in 1986 as an aeromedical charity with the mission to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Today, we deliver services nationally. Our critical care doctors and nurses are specially trained in emergency and trauma, pre-hospital and remote medicine and we use helicopters, jet aircraft, turbo-prop planes and road vehicles to reach and treat patients wherever they are.
We run accredited training for clinical specialists; operate extensive aviation and logistic training for our employees and other organisations; run a range of free education and training programs in regional, rural and remote areas, and partner with emergency service organisations, defence forces and businesses to deliver our expertise.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Rotary Wing Training and Checking Pilot – Multi Base to join our dedicated team of Aviators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and conducting training and checking activities (simulator and line) for Rotary Wing Aircraft;
- Conducting helicopter, aero-medical and search and rescue missions; and
- Undertaking of non-flying duties as required.
To be successful in this role you will meet the following Criteria;
- Hold a CASA ATPL/CPL (H):
- Hold a Flight Instructor Rating with the following endorsements:
- NVFR H
- IR H
- LL H
- Hold a Flight Examiner Rating with the following endorsements:
- IR H
- 2,500 flying hours total rotary
- 2,000 flying hours Pilot-in-Command (PIC) rotary
- 1,500 flying hours PIC turbine rotary
- 500 flying hours PIC multi-engine rotary
- 200 flying hours IFR
- 200 flying hours NVIS
- Instrument rating with the following endorsements.
- IAP 3D
- IAP 2D
- Low level Rating with the following endorsements.
- Current HUET
- Current ASIC
- Current Class 1 Medical
- Previous experience as a Training and Checking Pilot
- SAR/EMS experience
- Aerial Application Rating with FIRE H
- FIR endorsement to Flight Instructor Rating and Flight Examiner Ratings
- Simulator instructional experience
- Firefighting experience
- Vertical reference 100ft long line experience
- Type Rating B412, AW139 and/or BK117
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on Friday 10 Nov 2023.
For additional information, please contact HR – [Email removed. See source link below. /Admin].
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’