Company: Westair Helicopters
Location: Gallarate, Lombardy, Italy
Weststar NDD is a prominent provider of offshore helicopter services in Africa, flying under an Italian Air Operator Certificate. Our focus on safety is unwavering and serves as the cornerstone of our operations. Our commitment to this core value is reflected in every aspect of our operations and is evident in our record of successful and safe missions. Our comprehensive helicopter services are designed to meet the evolving needs of our clients, ensuring that we remain at the forefront of the offshore helicopter services sector.
For our team we are looking for an experienced Safety Manager who will be based in Malpensa area, Italy.
The Safety Manager is responsible for development, operation and continuous improvement of the safety management system (SMS). He acts as a focal point for safety management issue in the organization. The SM reports to the Accountable Manager and is the facilitator for changes necessary to effect safety across the organization. The safety manager’s priorities are to supervise and maintain the safety management processes and procedures within the organization’s SMS. Irrespective of any other duties that may be allocated to them, safety managers have the responsibility to:
- Promote safety awareness within the organization;
- Ensure that safety management has the same or higher priority level throughout organization as any other management and operational processes;
- To manage department administrative requirements;
- Hazard report triage, risk-based prioritization;
- To issue safety hazard mitigation response and project management to support functions of the other departments and divisions, and daily response to emerging safety requirements;
- To collaborate with respective department during investigations and incident assessments;
- Inter-divisional collaboration in incident research involving sensitive topics, highly confidential safety data and reports;
- Analize safety issues in all aircraft-related occurrences, detects trends and patterns in incident and accident statistics;
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s SMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, or 12+ years of experience in SMS.
- EASA SMS advanced course (including safety investigation techniques and root-cause methodologies)
- Significant knowledge of EASA Part-AIR OPS, Part-CAMO and Part-145.
- General familiarization course for either AW139, AW169 or AW189.
- Initial Human factors or CRM course.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in a similar position;
- Appropriate management experience, preferably in a comparable organization;
- Familiarity with management systems in the aviation industry;
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- An understanding of risk management, safety investigation techniques and root cause methodologies,
- Human Factor and promotion of a positive safety culture
- Operational experience related to the activities of the organization.
- Excellent computer skill, including Microsoft office;
- Organizational skill;
- Excellent math skill and analytic mind;
- Knowledge of EASA and ENAC regulation;
- Be able to handle with deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in English (speaking and writing);
- Consistent, accurate, thorough and detail-oriented.
- Human Factors certification considered a plus;
- Good communication skills;
- Italian and French are considered a plus;
- The willingness to travel to Africa 25% of the time.