Instructor Pilot UH-60M
CAE USA Inc. •
Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States
Position Type: Permanent
Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customersu2019 training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAEs Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
Instructor Pilots provide advanced UH-60M flight instruction to student pilots in accordance with the Army Aircrew Training Manual. Instructor Pilots will have IP experience at the company level or above. Classes are conducted in day and night with shifts that start as early as 5am and end after midnight. The training is conducted at Fort Rucker, Alabama and includes both US Army students as well as a contingent of multinational students. Instruction includes advanced flight tasks, advanced navigation, terrain flight techniques, tactics, techniques and procedures, and instrument training. Flight instruction may include contact, basic combat skills, instrument, and night vision goggle phases of training. Instruction also includes pre-mission planning, mission briefings, rehearsals, and multi-ship flight operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instructs and provides performance evaluations of students in classroom, inflight, and simulator training
- Conducts pre-flight and in-flight briefings, and post-flight After Action Reviews
- Conducts end of stage check rides
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Degree Required / Associate or Bacheloru2019s Desired
- Graduate of the U.S. Army UH-60 Instructor Pilot and Methods of Instruction course
- 5+ years as an aviator required with last UH-60 flight within the last 12 months. (Currency or refresher training may be provided as needed)
- Minimum of 1000 hours as pilot in the UH-60M
- Minimum of 250 hours as Instructor Pilot in the UH-60M
- Fundamentally computer literate to include (but not limited to) using a personal computer, performing word processing, performing database input, access electronic publications, accessing the world wide web, briefing and debriefing software, and filling out electronic forms and grade sheets.
- Ability to support periodic travel
- Must be familiar with the operation of a military flight training base
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have and maintain a current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) second-class Medical Certificate through the duration of the contract or, if a member of the National Guard or Reserves, an Army Class 2 Flight Duty Medical Exam (FDME).
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex aviation word and technical documents/diagrams.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret student requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is essential.
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal computer, telephone and fax
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises consistent with an aviation facility to include flight line operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Domestic travel as required
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under training devices.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the surrounding environment
- Must be able to distinguish colors
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youu2019d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractoru2019s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, weu2019re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
CAE USA Inc.
4908 Tampa W Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33634 USA
The world’s largest training company is looking to add members to their growing U.S. Defense business. CAE develops comprehensive multi-domain training solutions to advance operational tradecraft and achieve mission advantage. Above all else, we empower…
-Competitive salaries -Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match
-Paid time-off policy that remotes work life balance
-Paid Military Leave
-Supplemental TRICARE coverage
-Health Advocacy and Support
-Caregiver Support Resource
CAE USA locations in Tampa, Florida and Arlington, Texas represent the larger segments of CAE’s defense and security business focused on helping the U.S. military and allied forces develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
Our corporate locations and training sites and centers offer co-op, part-time and full-time employment opportunities in a variety of areas. We seek out qualified college students, active duty, former active duty, government services, and DoD personnel who have an interest in Aviation, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Hardware and Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity, Intelligence, Research and Development (R&D), Information Technology, Simulator Maintenance, Strategy & Business Development, Program Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, and Marketing & Communications.
C-130J; C-130H; Hercules; C-130; KC-135; MQ-9; RQ-4; CV-22, HH-60G, UH-1N, UH-60; MH-60R; KC-46; P-8; P-3; T-6; T-34; T-6B; MV-22; HH-60G; MC-130J; GROB 120TP; C-12; F-15E; HC/MC-130; E-3; C-5; B-1; C-17; F-22; F-16; 737; Boeing 737; 737/P-8; DA-20; V-280; B-2; CH-47 and F-16