[EDIT 20 November 2023: Added a new source link and updated the title. /Admin]
MH-60R Pilot Instructor
CAE USA Inc. •
Nowra, New South Wales, International
Position Type: Permanent
Role and Responsibilities
Provide MH-60R Aircraft Systems/operational procedures instruction in classroom, simulator, and/or practical environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of curriculum for courses, as required. May provide additional special services such as courseware review and other additional administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of the contract instructor (CI) will normally involve direct interface with trainees, RAN Instructors, and other users conducting training in a full-motion aircraft simulator, lecturing in classroom contexts, and providing ground-based training on aircraft and synthetic devices.
- Conduct scheduled CI led/supported training for Training Device and Systems Training (including briefs and debriefs) using traditional and modern tools such as interactive white boards, computers, and video projector systems.
- Evaluate and document student training/mission performance, as required.
- Evaluate and record trainer performance in accordance with established Commonwealth criteria.
- Review curriculum, assess and recommend improvements to the training program via the appropriate training management officials.
- Provide classroom instruction and recommendations for improvement, to include tests and test materials, lesson plans, and trainee guides under the guidelines of current directives.
- Conduct training device operation instruction to personnel as necessary, to include briefing, debriefing and grading/assessments.
- Assist in training device testing/evaluation associated with periodic qualification or introduction of new or modified systems or Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) as they affect the training system.
- Provide academic instruction to include Instructor led lecture discussion for self-paced Computer Aided Instruction (CAI), Computer Based Training (CBT), etc. in support of courses required for the RAN MH-60R.
- Assist with training device inspections and qualification programs and other special projects, as required, to include mishap re-creation and testing.
- Maintenance and improvement of Curriculum/Syllabus/Testing. Update, modify, and maintain currency of mission scenarios to support specific training. Assess training, syllabus, and mission scenarios for effectiveness and recommend improvements to the training program to the Government.
- Assist in updating/creation of feedback information methodology to use for students undergoing training.
- Update and recommend new testing instruments to identify training baseline and measure proficiency of training objectives as approved by the Commonwealth in consultation with the COR.
- Make recommendations for update(s) and maintain interim changes to curriculum material(s), including but not limited to, tests and test materials, lesson plans, and trainee guides under the guidelines of current Commonwealth directives.
- Review syllabi and recommend changes to the lessons based on NATOPS changes, engineering changes, and evolving mission areas changes.
- Provide assistance in the validation of training device discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Participate in airworthiness boards when requested by the Commonwealth.
- Introduce and explain the operation, capabilities and limitations of respective device(s)/training equipment and the aircraft simulated to various tour groups and individuals as may be required by the Government and the Commonwealth.
- Attend required scheduled meetings (e.g., Scheduling, Standardization, Commonwealth Instructor Pilot/Aircrew, and Intelligence Updates).
- Performs administrative duties such as record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience simulator motion, and take cognizance of attendeesu2019 safety when on board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential MH-60R Aircrew Training Devices.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
- Must acquire and maintain take-off, landing, and emergency procedure proficiency.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Pilots shall have a minimum of 500 command hours on multi engine, multi crew, medium helicopter (H-60), or Conduct of Training Authority agreed equivalent. (Recent experience as an MH-60R Instructor Pilot or Evaluator Pilot desired.)
- Have a minimum of two (2) years instructional experience in an aircrew training environment on military rotary wing platforms.
- Shall have completed at least one sea-going tour with the USN, RAN, or RN.
- Shall possess the qualifications and experience necessary to be able to be authorized by the HQ-FAA Chief Aircrew examiner or delegate as a competent simulator instructor in all MH-60R curriculum sequences in the TOFT, OFT & WTT.
- Shall have previous anti-submarine and surface warfare experience.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Pilot instructors shall be assessed as competent to instruct by CO 725 SQN, or delegate, to train MH-60R Pilot in Synthetic Training Devices.
- Pilot instructors shall undergo, and be required to pass, a periodic instructor assessment, in accordance with Standing Instructions (Navy Aviation), by a relevant HQ-FAA Chief Aircrew examiner or delegate.
- Required to maintain an annual A2I, Authority to Instruct, certification in accordance with Standing Instructions (Navy Aviation) standards.
- Must be willing to participate in regular Peer Reviews conducted both internally and well as in conjunction with the 725 SQN
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to correctly employ and instruct on MH-60R performance charts for aircraft operations.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal computer, telephone and fax.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from moving mechanical parts driven by high power server mechanisms.
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
- Will provide aircraft systems training on MH-60R aircraft in an aircraft hangar, entailing exposure to hazardous chemicals, heavy metals, and working at heights.
- May be provided the opportunity to conduct area familiarization flights in the MH-60R aircraft as a front seat passenger.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or helicopter.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under machinery.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As part of Executive Order 14042, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. CAE USA will consider employee requests for exemptions to the vaccination requirements based on medical/disability or sincerely held religious beliefs. All requests will be reviewed in accordance with applicable laws and must be approved by CAE USA prior to employment.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youu2019d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractoru2019s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, weu2019re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
CAE USA Inc.
4908 Tampa W Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33634 USA
The world’s largest training company is looking to add members to their growing U.S. Defense business. CAE develops comprehensive multi-domain training solutions to advance operational tradecraft and achieve mission advantage. Above all else, we empower…
-Competitive salaries -Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match
-Paid time-off policy that remotes work life balance
-Paid Military Leave
-Supplemental TRICARE coverage
-Health Advocacy and Support
-Caregiver Support Resource
CAE USA locations in Tampa, Florida and Arlington, Texas represent the larger segments of CAE’s defense and security business focused on helping the U.S. military and allied forces develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
Our corporate locations and training sites and centers offer co-op, part-time and full-time employment opportunities in a variety of areas. We seek out qualified college students, active duty, former active duty, government services, and DoD personnel who have an interest in Aviation, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Hardware and Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity, Intelligence, Research and Development (R&D), Information Technology, Simulator Maintenance, Strategy & Business Development, Program Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, and Marketing & Communications.
C-130J; C-130H; Hercules; C-130; KC-135; MQ-9; RQ-4; CV-22, HH-60G, UH-1N, UH-60; MH-60R; KC-46; P-8; P-3; T-6; T-34; T-6B; MV-22; HH-60G; MC-130J; GROB 120TP; C-12; F-15E; HC/MC-130; E-3; C-5; B-1; C-17; F-22; F-16; 737; Boeing 737; 737/P-8; DA-20; V-280; B-2; CH-47 and F-16