[Application deadline is 17 November 2023. /Admin]
Company: Queensland Police Service
Posted: 17 hours ago
Archerfield, Brisbane QLD
Aerospace Engineering (Engineering)
Government – State (Government & Defence)
Competitive remuneration package to be negotiated
The Aviation Capability Group (ACG) deliver sustainable, effective, innovative and efficient frontline aviation services, to deliver safe and secure communities. Our employees are highly motivated, self-driven leaders who understand our business and are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers.
Information about QPS:
The Queensland Police Service employs staff members in a wide range of roles across the state. These roles offer a rewarding career that provides vital assistance to front line officers and policing services across the state and to the Queensland community. We are committed to delivering a healthy, safe, positive and inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
Your Key Accountabilities will include:
• Maintain QPS Aircraft ensuring all engineering, safety and Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) requirements are adhered to.
• Carry out maintenance as directed, monitor and report safety issues and complete applicable aircraft records.
• Supervise subcontracted maintenance staff and provide engineering support to other bases when required by the Engineering Manager.
• Train, educate and certify pilots in maintenance and role equipment functions.
• Ensure in conjunction with the Engineering Manager that base engineering financial expenditure and administrative procedures are effectively and efficiently managed.
• Undertake and support operational duties during emergencies and disasters as necessary.
• Possess a current CASA Avionics B2 and/or Mechanical B1.3 Part 66 Licence
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in rotary wing maintenance.
• Possess a CASA Part 66 B1.3 and/or B2 AW139 Type rating with no exclusions
• Possess a CASA Part 66 B1.1 and/or B2 B300 Type rating with no exclusions
• Hold a Category C Part 66 Licence
• Experience using Gannet or similar CMMS
• Experience with HUMS
• EMS Helicopter Experience
• Possess a CASA Part 66 B1.3 or B1.1 and/or B2 licence on twin engine aircraft
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Heavy maintenance experience
In compliance with CASA Drug and Alcohol Management Plan requirements, the preferred applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment testing and participate in the QGAir Drug and Alcohol Management Program.
Intrastate travel may be required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/523926/23
Closing Date: Friday, 17th November 2023