[Application deadline is 8 December 2023. /Admin]
AW139 Aeromedical Helicopter Rescue Crew Officers
Company: CQ Rescue
Posted: 7 hours ago
Mackay, Mackay & Coalfields QLD
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
CQ Rescue has been providing essential life-saving aeromedical, disaster relief and search and rescue helicopter services to the Central Queensland community for more than 25 years. As one of the busiest rescue helicopters in Queensland, our community-funded service plays a pivotal role in providing peace of mind to people living, working and visiting this region.
In 2024, CQ Rescue will be taking delivery of two Leonardo AW139 helicopters equipped for aeromedical and search and rescue operations. AW139 operations are expected to commence in mid-2024, with pilot, aircrew, and rescue crew recruitment to occur in early 2024 to allow for crew training and induction.
To support CQ Rescue’s exciting transition to AW139 operations, we are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced rescue crew officers to conduct aeromedical and search and rescue helicopter operations from our base at Mackay airport.
Rescue crew officers will be required to work both day and night duty periods to support our 24/7 operations and will be required to conduct medical transport and search and rescue operations throughout the Central Queensland region. Occasional travel within Queensland and interstate may be required to support operations and to attend training courses.
To ensure that our operations are conducted safely, effectively, and reliably, we require experienced rescue crew of the highest calibre, with proven technical and non-technical skills conducting similarly complex flight operations in a multi-crew environment.
Rescue crew officers will require the following qualifications and experience:
- CASR Part 67 medical certificate, Class 2;
- Current – Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen (HLTAID015);
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID011); and
- Certificate II Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue).
- Certificate III Aviation (Rescue Crew Officer);
- SAR/EMS experience;
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training and Emergency Breathing Systems qualifications;
- Dangerous Goods awareness training; and
- NVIS qualified and experienced in night flying operations.
- Possess a current Class 1 Driver’s Licence;
- Australian Citizenship, Residency, or approved work Visa;
- Physically able to manage the manual handling requirements associated with the role, including but not limited to, assisting with aircraft role equipment configuration, aircraft husbandry duties, handling of patient stretchers and medical equipment;
- Ability to fulfil physical strength and fitness requirements of role, including strong swimming ability in open water;
- Ability to pass and maintain company medical and fitness assessments and standards;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with previous experience working successfully in a small multi-disciplinary team environment.
If you would like to be part of the CQ Rescue team, you can submit your expression of interest via the link below. Please ensure you submit a current resume which addresses the role’s minimum experience and qualification requirements. Expressions of interest for this opportunity will close on Friday 8 December 2023.
For additional information, please contact [See source link below. /Admin].