[Application deadline is 21 November 2023. /Admin]
Air Crew Officer
Company: Rotor-Lift Aviation
Posted: 1 hour ago
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
Air Crew Officer
Rotor-Lift Aviation operates the Tasmanian Government contract for Police/SAR/HEMS operations.
Tasmania offers great lifestyle opportunities and a challenging work environment like no other in Australia. We are looking to fill a vacancy for the position of Air Crew Officer, supporting our operations in Hobart.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong communication skills, professionalism and a quest to achieve and maintain the highest level of competency within the Police/SAR/HEMS aeromedical operations.
The position is permanent, full time and based in Hobart, Tasmania. The succesful candidate will be expected to operate in both the Bell 412 & BK117 aircraft types on an equal time roster. The position is part of a day/night roster rotation and reports to the Crew Chief.
- Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman).
- A minimum of 500 hours as a qualified helicopter Aircrew Officer (ACO).
- A CASA recognised winch/rappel qualification.
- Aircrew NVIS qualification, both front seat and rear cabin.
- Aircrew Officer Front Left Seat operations experience
- CASA Class 2 medical.
- Aeronautical radio operator’s certificate (AROC).
- Helicopter underwater escape training (HUET) qualification.
- Advanced first Aid/Resuscitation qualification from a recognised authority.
- A demonstrated understanding of crew resource management and safety management systems.
- willing to re-locate
- Legal right to work in Australia
- A minimum of 1 year’s full-time experience with a civilian HEMS/SAR service.
- Bell 412 experience with 100hrs acting as ACO on type
- Comprehensive NVIS night winch and IFR experience
- Navigation and flight procedures (IFR/VFR as appropriate)
- A dangerous goods awareness qualification.
- A sound understanding of CASR, rules and regulations pertaining to the ACO role.
- 1000 hours experience in helicopter air crew operations.
This exciting career opportunity will appeal to an experienced Aircrew Officer with the ability to adapt to varying conditions and enjoy the way of life that living in Hobart offers. A competitive salary and relocation package is offered for the right candidate.
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday the 21st of November 2023
Enquiries about the position can be made to Rob Fox via the following email: [Email removed. See source link below. /Admin]