Director of Maintenance
Capitol Helicopters Inc. •
Sacramento, California, USA
Position Type: Permanent
Capitol Helicopters is a rapidly growing rotorcraft company whose operations are primarily focused on Utility and Fire Fighting. That growth has created other opportunities within the company for our current Maintenance Department Leadership, and we are looking for a new Director of Maintenance to lead the continued growth and development of our part 135 Maintenance team . If you have the requisite experience and are looking for an opportunity to help shape a developing organization, we would love to talk with you about it.
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) leads the Capitol Maintenance Department, and is responsible for directing the day to day activities of all maintenance personnel. While it is necessary for the DOM to have extensive experience with hands-on maintenance and repair procedures, this position is primarily focused on performing administrative activities that provide the structure and organization required for the Maintenance team to make the greatest possible contribution to the larger Capitol Helicopters organization.
Director of Operations
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Is responsible for the staffing and operation of the Capitol Maintenance Department.
• Ensures that company aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition.
• Ensures that all inspections, repairs, and component changes are accomplished in accordance with manufacturers specifications and procedures acceptable to the FAA.
• Ensures compliance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and practices acceptable to the Administrator.
• Ensures all maintenance technicians are appropriately trained and current for aircraft for any procedures they perform, and that the manner of completion is acceptable to the FAA.
• Ensures that all maintenance technicians are certified and supervised according to the requirements specified in the Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Coordinates with vendors when maintenance activities are being performed on company aircraft or components.
• Provides the Director of Operations with the current airworthiness status of the aircraft and the forecast down times to facilitate maintenance scheduling and insure timely correction of aircraft discrepancies.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with manufacturer’s representatives, parts supply houses, repair facilities and the FAA.
• Makes available to maintenance personnel the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, applicable sections of this manual, and any other required technical data.
• Maintains all necessary work records and logbooks, ensuring all applicable documentation is maintained in the aircraft’s permanent maintenance records.
• Maintains the weight and balance records for all aircraft.
• Completes the required Service Difficulty Report (SDR) and Mechanical Interruption Summary reports (MIS) and submits them to the Director of Operations for forwarding them to the FAA in a timely manner
• Coordinate to provide repair services outside of the main Capitol hangar.
• Ensure Maintenance organization adherence to FAA, and other regulatory requirements for customers (PG&E, Cal Fire, USFS, Fish and Wildlife, etc.)
•Assist in developing and maintaining processes and workflows to effectively and safely facilitate the completion of work
•Proactively coordinate with Flight Operations to plan and schedule for periodic maintenance events based on aircraft hours, life-limited components, time since last inspection, etc.
•Actively participate in the training of maintenance personnel, including the development and application of training content
•Promote a positive workplace atmosphere by modeling professional and productive communication and interactions with others including: maintenance team members, pilots, drivers, office staff, management, outside vendors, and customers
•Promote compliance with Capitol’s Safety Management System and ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures
•Collaborate with the Capitol management team to develop and implement processes and policies that promote safe and effective operations throughout the organization.
•Promote an environment that recognizes individual responsibility as a critical building block of team success
•Ensure the shop/hangar facilities are maintained in a clean, organized, and professional state
•Maintain and ensure utilization of records and communication systems implemented by Capitol including: DATS, ModernHawk, EBIS, and others as determined by senior management
•Support the implementation of corrective actions addressing deficiencies noted by the Safety Officer
•Ensure ongoing monitoring and updating of QA procedures to be used within the department, and ensure consistent adherence to established procedures is maintained
•Ensure applicable RII, pre-cowl, and other QC inspections are completed prior to return to service
•Ensure adherence to applicable FOD control procedures established in the FOD Manual, and collaborate with the Maintenance Manager to make updates to the policies and procedures as needed
•Ensure adherence to the Purchasing Policy and use good judgement as to when and if additional tools are needed or other shop improvements may be required or beneficial
•Approve/sign-off OJT training records for maintenance personnel as appropriate
•10+ years of experience in helicopter A&P maintenance and repair
•5+ years of experience supervising others performing helicopter maintenance and repair
•Comprehensive understanding of the legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements of theCapitol Helicopters Part 135 maintenance operation
•Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize resources within a defined scope of responsibilities and objectives
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders through both written and verbal interactions
• Availability to work full time at the main base in Sacramento, CA , and travel as needed to satellite or field locations
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Capitol Helicopters Inc.
5957 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, California 95822 USA
The expert pilots at Capitol Helicopters are experienced in many different helicopter disciplines. Our services include…
Bell – Sikorsky – MD
B407, B429, MD 530, Bell 205/212, UH-60