Flight Operations Coordinator
Company: Nautilus Aviation Pty Ltd
Cairns, Cairns & Far North QLD
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
$55,000 – $65,000 per year
Due to continued expansion we are looking for an additional Flight Operations Coordinator.
Operations Coordinator– Nautilus Aviation.
- Permanent Full Time Position.
- Cairns Based Position.
Nautilus Aviation is a privately owned and operated, proven helicopter specialist with over 25 years flying experience and has grown to become one of Australia’s premier helicopter operators. Today our network of bases spans Cairns, Port Douglas, Townsville, Darwin, Jabiru, Gove and Torres Strait (Horn Island).
Nautilus Aviation has built an outstanding reputation based on the quality and diversity of our fleet of helicopters and our commitment to the safety of all passengers and personnel at all times.
We pride ourselves on our customer service from the delivery of commercial air work, pilot training, Search & Rescue and chartered flights all while working in partnership with a number of top tourism operators to deliver leisure experiences over some of the iconic natural landscapes of Northern Australia.
Your New Role:
Reporting to the on-duty Operations Supervisor you will be required to coordinate the day-to-day operations of Nautilus Aviation.
Your roll requires making quick operational decisions for the efficient utilization of company assets along with minimizing any impact in the event of disruption to services. Facilitating the seamless delivery of information to pilots, crew, customer service, sales teams and providing logistical support & resource co-ordination.
The Day to Day of your New role. (Not Limited to)
- Oversee the coordination of Daily Flight operations in accordance with Policies and Regulations.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of company aircraft and assets.
- Search & Rescue Monitoring
- Flight Planning.
- Preparation of request for quotations.
- Loading / refueling / cleaning Helicopters.
- Meeting/ greeting & briefing of passengers.
- Providing ground support to remote helicopter operations including fire/flood response, Search & Rescue, Aerial Work (including sling operations) and remote passenger transfers.
Your new role will require the ability to work weekends & Public Holidays.
Ideally you would possess the following skills and attributes:
- Good time management, prioritization and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with colleagues.
- Effective communication, including speaking, writing and active listening.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with strong level of resourcefulness and be practical in seeking positive solutions
- You will have a high level of attention to detail and strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- You will be competent in the use of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new computer systems. (Takeflite, Air Maestro)
Skills & Experience:
- Pass a company Drug & Alcohol Test.
- Manual Drivers Licence (Car)
- Ability to Obtain & Hold Aviation Security Identification Card
- High Level computer competence.
- Previous Operations / Logistics background.
- Previous Aviation Experience
- Geographical knowledge of Cape York & Torres Strait / Remote Northern NT
To be considered for this role please upload your resume and a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for your chosen position