[Application deadline is 17 November 2023. /Admin]
Management Pilot – Flight Training Manager
• Full-time opportunity flexible to work from home at locations Australia and New Zealand
• Serve a purpose in our community
• Join an experienced team
REF: SF 54512
About the role
We are inviting expressions of interest from qualified Training and Checking Multi-Engine Helicopter Pilots to join our Aviation & Critical Services team, and fulfill the key personnel position within the Flight Operations Management team as the Flight Training Manager.
Babcock Mission Critical Services conducts medical transport and emergency service operations throughout Australia. The successful applicant will ideally be co-located with one of our operational bases, or in Brisbane, QLD.
The Flight Training Manager (FTM) reports to the Head of Training and Checking (HOTC) for all training and checking matters, and reports to the Head of Flying Operations (HOFO) for all flight operations matters other than training and checking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the HOTC, and in cooperation with the Flight Operations Department, managing and coordinating company checking and training activities for Babcock Part 133 and Part 138 flying operations.
- Reporting to the HOFO, and in cooperation with the Flight Operations Department, contribute to the management of company flying operations.
- Conducting ground, flight, and simulator training as check pilot, flight instructor, and flight examiner, to support internal training and checking activities, contracted training and checking activities, and approved Part 141 and 142 flight training activities.
- Maintaining personal pilot competencies and currencies, and performing the duties of a line pilot when required.
- Assisting other company departments as a flight operations subject matter expert to support flight training technical enquiries, and other specialist matters.
- Participating and contributing to the company safety incident reporting and investigation process in accordance with the SMS.
The successful candidate must be an industry leader, and satisfy the following contract minimum qualifications and experience:
- The ability to gain CASA approval as HOTC (filling alternate role) for Part 119/138 operations
- The ability to gain CASA approval as HOO (filling alternate role) for Part 141/142 operations
- Flight Instructor Rating
- Flight Examiner Rating with Instrument, Type Rating, Low Level and NVIS endorsements
- Have a satisfactory record in the conduct or management of air transport operations
- Have a satisfactory record in the conduct or management of training and checking in relation to air operations
- CASA ATPL
- Class 1 Medical
- Instrument Rating with MEH endorsement and minimum 3 renewals
- 2000+ hrs total helicopter
- 1000+ hrs PIC helicopter
- 500+ hrs PIC MEH, not including ICUS
- 100+ hrs instrument flying time
- 200+ hrs night
- AW139 and/or B412 type rating and 100+ hrs experience on type
- NVIS rating
- Low-level rating with winch endorsement
- 12 months operational experience as HOTC in operations similar to Babcock
- 36 months experience as a training and checking pilot within Babcock
- The ability to gain CASA approval as HOFO (filling alternate role) for Part 119/138 operations
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and
we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
• Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business
• Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business
• Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers
• Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Applications close COB 17 Nov 23
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are up to date vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.