Avionics Technician 5k Sign on or Relocation Bonus
AV8 Modern Avionics •
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA
Position Type: Permanent
Avionics Technician needed for a Part 145 Repair Station with multiple ratings that maintains general aviation airplanes and helicopters. Experience with general aviation electronics and avionics systems is preferred. Technician must operate efficiently and proficiently in a fast-paced environment. This position works during the day on weekdays.
- Perform in-aircraft repairs and maintenance related to, but not restricted to, electrical systems, avionics systems, antennas, programming and configuration.
- Install avionics systems including, but not limited to GPS, Com, Nav, Transponder, Audio, Autopilot, weather detection, and Primary & Secondary Flight Display.
- Wire entire packages or individual systems.
- Mechanically design and secure systems in aircraft.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record using Ebis by Datcomedia.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Work with other team members to deliver quality and timely aircraft repairs.
- Comply with FAA required Random Drug Screening Program.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Three or more years General Aviation experience
- Excellent knowledge of General Aviation electronics and Avionics systems.
- Previous experience should include wiring, system architecture, system operation, setup, and calibration.
- Must understand the use of tooling required for the repair or installation task.
- Own a set of aircraft mechanic tools
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Pick up a 75-lb object from the floor, carry 100 feet, and place object back on floor
- Stand, sit, squat, kneel, lie on your stomach, lay on your back, and tolerate small, enclosed spaces for at least 10 minutes at a time.
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- Climb and descend a ladder
- Competitive Salary, Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation (based on years with company)
- Paid Holidays and 401(k) plan.
- Sign on or Relocation bonus
About the Company:
Modern Avionics is a FAA Part 145 Repair Station, operating on Flying Cloud Airport (KFCM), Eden Prairie, MN since 1984. We serve the General Aviation community with Avionics sales and service with employees that have more than 30 years of experience. We service fixed wing as well as rotor wing aircraft, including piston, turboprop and jet-powered aircraft.
Please answer the following questions when applying, either in your resume or in your cover letter
- Have you been responsible for the activities of individuals installing or maintaining avionics?
- Are you or have been an inspector or signer for an FAA Part 145 Repair Station?
- Have you had direct dialog with aircraft owner/operators discussing equipment pricing and technical operations?
- Have you had experience with specific ‘Return-To-Service’ Test Equipment?
- Are you familiar with the FAR’s that are specific to aircraft avionics operations/maintenance requirements?
AV8 Modern Avionics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, AV8 Modern Avionics complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. AV8 Modern Avionics also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Sign on or Relocation Bonus
minimal and infrequent
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
AV8 Modern Avionics
10000 Flying Cloud Dr
Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347 USA
Modern Avionics is a FAA Part 145 Repair Station, operating on Flying Cloud Airport (KFCM), Eden Prairie, MN since 1984. We serve the General Aviation community with Avionics sales and service with employees that have more than 30 years of experience….