Instructor, Ground Course
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Mid-Senior level
Summary of Position
Teach and provide flight ground instructions to pilots on the AW series of aircraft. Course instructions may include, but is not limited to: Airframe, all aspects of Drive train System, Avionics, Hydraulic Systems, and Electrical Systems.
- Conduct Flight courses on site
- Conduct Flight courses off site
- Provide recommendations and when requested, make changes to courseware publications / syllabi. Development of new courseware also required when requested
- Attend courses for continued education (both on-site and off)
- Keep and maintain all the training files / materials / publication
- Support quality and authority audits
- Consult with other AW departments to keep updated for continuous improvement
- Organize and prepare training outlines
- Up Keep of classrooms, training aids and work shop
- Perform other duties and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications for Position:
HS diploma or equivalent BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering or related is highly desirable.
Pilot instructor formal training setting (classroom). Prior experience with A119, A109 E/S and A139 or any other AW aircraft highly desirable.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Previous Maintenance and/or Pilot instructional background. Must possess a solid understanding of the commercial rotorcraft maintenance and/or pilot operational environment.
- Proficient in the use of electronic and non-electronic presentation methods (PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills as they relate to the comprehensive understanding of Rotorcraft/helicopter systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, professional learning environment.
- General aviation pilots license and strong troubleshooting skills with a comprehensive understanding of electro/avionics system.
- Willing to teach and share knowledge.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- FAA Pilot license is desirable.
- Preference given to candidates that also possess an FAA Advanced Ground Instructor Certificate (AGI).
- Method of instructions, Aviation Legislation, Human Factors are highly desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability