Manager, Flight Training and Standards RW
MANAGER, FLIGHT TRAINING AND STANDARDS PILOT
Reference #: 2023-106
Strong. Proud. Uplifting.At Ornge, we believe that ordinary people can do extraordinary things.
Each day, we connect communities with critical care across Ontario, Canada. In the air and by land, our teams deliver equity in emergency response, uplifting the lives of those in our care.
We’re excited to onboard individuals who bring energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism to our growing group of difference-makers and life-changers.
Discover Ontario, Canada, and an exciting career with Ornge.
Position Available: Manager, Flight Training and Standards Pilot, Rotor Wing
Position Status: Permanent; Full-Time; Non-Union
Location: 5310 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
Reporting To: Chief Pilot, Rotor Wing
Position Summary: As a member of the Ornge Air RW Flight Operations Team, reporting to the Chief Pilot, the Manager, Flight Training and Standards Pilot, RW will be responsible to the Director, Flight Operations for the development, coordination, conduct and management of the pilot initial training, conversion programs, and recurrent training programs, as well as the validation of these programs through in-flight observation and standards evaluations for all Rotor Wing aircrafts operated by the Company.
The position will be located at the Head Office in Mississauga. Occasional travel to Ornge rotor wing bases as well as external training facilities as required.
- Conducting regular training, line checks and pilot proficiency checks to manage procedures, conformity and professional conduct of pilots at all Ornge rotor wing bases;
- Conducting training as required in all subjects contained in the Flight Crew Training Manual and other training as required by the Chief Pilot;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of and assist with the development and maintenance of the SOPs, Checklists, QRH and in accordance with CARS, CASS, the COM and the RFM;
- Manage regular inspections or audits on each aircraft or library to ensure compliance with internal, regulatory and stakeholder requirements;
- Assist in committee meetings, investigations, and other matters relating to this type and in general act as technical advisor;
- Provide input on pilot training and scheduling regarding priorities, crew composition and individual progression for matters such as classification upgrades, pilot proficiency or disciplinary action;
- Ensure attendance at all training is tracked and verified and all records are completed fully and properly entered in the training records;
- Assist with the preparation and amending the training requirements in the Flight Crew Training Manual; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience Pilot Training or experience operating a Flight Training device and/or a Flight simulator;
- Hold a valid unrestricted ATPL (H) including valid instrument rating;
- Experience in a regulated industry – Transport Canada (CARS & CASS);
- Be a current AW139 Captain at any the Ornge rotor wing bases;
- Management experience/training;
- NVG and helicopter instructional experience;
- Holds or have held a PPC for the AW-139 is an asset;
- EMS or equivalent air ambulance experience is an asset;
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Company Operations Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Minimum Equipment Lists, training manual, Rotorcraft Flight Manuals, internal operational and administrative procedures and the provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write, edit and maintain Training Programs, Manuals, and other technical documents;
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of MS Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and LMS software;
- Self-motivated, able to manage deadlines effectively;
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills;
- Considers high-quality work the norm; and
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team of professionals.
At Ornge, we are:
- Community connectors
- Equity in healthcare
- Strong in our convictions
- Proud of the services we provide
- Uplifting in our mission, values, and services
You can expect us to be:
- Promoters of diversity
- Champions of inclusion and accessibility
- Committed to your career advancement
- A tight-knit culture
- Competitive in pay, benefits, vacation time, and more
A bit about you:
- You’re driven by the desire to make a difference
- Excited by problem solving, you excel at in-the-moment decision making
- Teamwork has always been where you thrive
- You’re ready to put your skills into action in a fast-paced environment
- If you’re ready to uplift lives, we invite you to apply on-line on or before November 13, 2023.
- Your resume will be reviewed and only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [See source link below. /Admin] and request the HR Department to provide your contact information. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours.
Are you ready to pursue a career that has a profound impact on communities across Ontario, Canada? Join us.