Maintenance Manager in Sola | Careers at Sola (Stavanger)
Posted: Friday, 17 November 2023
Posted Date: 23 hours ago (11/17/2023 9:06 AM)
Requisition ID: 2023-5865
# of Openings: 1
Category: Aircraft Maintenance Operations
CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
CHC Helicopter Service has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to come join our team at Sola.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the Part 145 organisation in Norway, and must fulfill the nominated postholder EASA 145 responsibilities ensuring compliance with the requirements of the maintenance approval and organisation.
As a leader and role model you will direct, develop and motivate a skilled team across our bases in the Norway, to deliver an excellent professional maintenance operation.
You will work with the director of global maintenance to improve, standardise and implement processes and procedures across CHC Helikopter Service.
Every day, you will deliver the highest levels of performance – from quality standards to customer satisfaction and commercial objectives.
You will promote and maintain safe, secure work practices and housekeeping.
You will inspire and support your team continuous improvement and ensure the most efficient use of resources In addition to the strong bond you have with your people, you will forge excellent working relationships with stakeholders, partners, trade unions and customers.
You will demonstrate a proven ability to identify, lead and empower change in a complex operational environment within a multi-site operation.
The successful candidate will have both technical engineering and leadership qualifications. Demonstrate strong working knowledge of engineering systems and processes, health and safety legislation and practice, and team management. Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage and influence others will really set you apart.
- Leadership of an engaged workforce
- Ensure regulatory, customer and company compliance at all times and at all levels
- Drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for the safe execution of maintenance at all times at the bases
- Responsible for the safe, available aircraft for the business needs ensuring on time departure
- Coaching and mentoring of the workforce to develop high performance
- Communicating internally and externally to ensure all stakeholders are informed
- Ensure timely execution of scheduled maintenance
- Work closely with supply chain to ensure all parts, tooling etc. are ordered and managed in good time
- Manage and achieve relevant company KPI’s
- Manage labour costs in line with budgeted assumptions
- Travel between bases regularly to maintain standards across both bases
- Any other relevant task within areas of responsibility
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Must be able to obtain approval as Postholder Part 145 by the NCAA in accordance with EASA regulations
- Working knowledge of NO CAA and EASA regulations
- Experience in a leadership role
- Technical knowledge of best practices and standards of maintenance execution
- Strong understanding of safety standards and regulations
- Proven ability to strategically lead in a rapidly evolving and dynamic work-environment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with external organisations such as regulators, OEMs and key vendors
- Demonstrated relationships builder with excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Change agent and drive improvement projects and processes
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent collaborative problem-solving skills, collaboration skills and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A team-oriented work approach with the ability to work independently
- Effective communicator, operationally driven, highly credible with strong interpersonal skills
- Takes initiative, practice ownership and transparency
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Self motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality
- Working knowledge of AMOS Maintenance Systems
- Experience in rotary wing operations