MRO Structures Engineer Tinker Air Force Base (Onsite)
Pratt & Whitney •
Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, United States
Position Type: Permanent
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Cold Section Engineering (CSE) Project Engineering group has openings for a Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) field engineer with a specialty in structures. The primary function of this position is to perform as an onsite structures engineering liaison representing Pratt & Whitney in front of our military customers. The MRO Engineer will support Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPT’s) responsible for Fan and Low Compressor hardware across Pratt & Whitney’s family of engines at Tinker AFB Oklahoma City. Hardware types include rotating hardware such as rotors and airfoils and static hardware such as cases and bypass ducts. This position is a key role within the CIPT as it provides a direct engineering link with our domestic and foreign military customers. The responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Work as the onsite MRO representative of the CIPT supporting engine/hardware investigations and dispositions.
- Perform structures evaluations using Pratt and Whitneys Engineering Standard Work (ESW)
- Monitor and trend hardware health for limit updates, Component Improvement Program (CIP) and repair tasks activities.
- Provide assistance to Customer Support Engineering (CSE) and base personnel with field support, quality issues and logistics planning.
- Apply state-of-the-art finite element based methods to the analysis and design of engine components and assemblies for rotating and stationary structures.
- Provide technical direction based on structural evaluations that may involve consideration of strength, buckling, deflections, vibrations, fatigue life, damage tolerance and/or any other appropriate criterion.
- Provide field problems support and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials to internal management and to airframe or government customers/regulators in formal design reviews and other settings.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering processes and methods.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with 5+ years of experience in related engineering field OR
- Advanced degree with 3+ years of experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- 10 travel required.
- Experience with structural analysis and finite element analysis methods
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Pratt & Whitney
113 Wells Street
North Berwick, Maine 03906 USA
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops game-changing technologies for the future, such as the PurePower® PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan engine technology. The company’s worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul networ…