Company: Heli Tour Whitsundays
Posted: 1 hour ago
Airlie Beach, Northern QLD
Reservations (Hospitality & Tourism)
Job Title: Operations Controller
About the company:
Heli Tour Whitsundays is a Helicopter, Seaplane and Fixed wing aircraft tour and transfer operator servicing the Whitsunday Islands, Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach area. We provide luxury tours such as scenic flights, helicopter transfers, fly & cruise packages and snorkeling tours.
About the role:
We are now seeking the right individual for the role of Operations Controller. The position will be full time and require the candidate to reside in Airlie Beach. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will support the day to day operations of the business. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Interact with customers, management and pilots to assist with the effective provision of aviation services
- Take electronic reservations from travel agents and customers directly through a variety of communication platforms.
- Communicate with the operations team, pilots and management to ensure the efficient allocation of aircraft to tours.
- Supervise passengers while air side, safely load and unload aircraft
- Answer enquiries about tours and flights.
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required.
- Update and maintain databases such as contact lists and client information.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and launch your career within the aviation industry. Ideally, we are looking for an individual who would like to stay long term as there are plenty of opportunities to progress into different roles for the right candidate.
- You will ideally have 1-2 years experience in a customer service or tourism role
- You will be competent in the use of Microsoft Office, use of emails and data collection
- You will have a high level of attention to detail and strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- You will be able to self-manage your time to achieve high levels of productivity whilst also complying with strict safety requirements
- You will have previous experience working both independently and within teams and thrive in a busy working environment.
- A current Drivers License and ASIC or willingness to obtain are essential for this role
What’s on offer
- Access to salary sacrifice options
- The chance to join a friendly, tight knit team
- Generous staff discounts
- The chance to work and live in the beautiful Whitsundays
If you are interested in this role, please apply now and send a copy of your Cover Letter and Resume. Please note that in the event of a high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.