Principal Engineer, CSE ESTO Structures (Hybrid)
Pratt & Whitney •
Middletown, Connecticut, United States
Position Type: Permanent
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire, and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic cross-functional dynamic team with opportunities to develop your leadership skills? This is a structures engineering position within Engineering Support to Operations organization closely supporting the manufacturing of world class compression systems located in East Hartford and Middletown, CT. Pratt & Whitney Cold Section Engineering Support to Operations (CSE ESTO) is looking for a self- motivated and detail-focused structures engineer to so serve a s focal point of contact for specific hardware and engine programs.
- This engineer is expected to execute and oversee day to day activities for production support, proactive producibility improvement tasks, supporting critical quality issues, supplier transitions, and Class 2 Engineering Changes.
- This engineer will be responsible for performing and providing oversight of structural analyses for compression system hardware and will work collaboratively to arrive at solutions with integrated product teams. Candidates will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of commercial and military cold section rotating and static hardware.
- Determination of initially assigned hardware and engine program will be based on candidate’s experience. Possible opportunities include military & commercial blades & airfoils, rotors, hubs, cases, vanes, and kinematics for the fan, LPC, and HPC modules owned by P&W.
- Provide support for production and engine deliveries as needed.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and drives timely execution by overseeing structural analyses to meet task and schedule requirements.
- Forecast resource planning for both PW and outsource needs.
- Coordinate and lead teams to meet task technical and schedule requirements.
- Execute structural analysis of Fan, Low-Pressure Compressor (LPC), and High-Pressure Compressor (HPC) components via hand calculations, 2D and 3D finite element modeling, using the latest P&W Engineering Standard Work, analytical tools, and engineering judgement.
- Oversee and mentor outsource engineers to maintain outsource technical quality and grow their proficiency.
- Support proactive redesigns improve the producibility of cold section hardware.
- Challenge our processes to become more efficient and more effective.
- Document analyses and present results and associated recommendation to integrated part teams, management, and customers.
- Opportunities for increased visibility with internal and external customers and to demonstrate ability to make decisions in high visibility environment.
- Serve as engineering representative facilitating cross functional teams to drive to root of producibility issues or quality initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 8+ years of Structural Engineering experience, or
- An Advanced Degree in engineering and 5+ years of Structural Engineering experience
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access the financial management system due to government contractual requirements.
- Experience Aerospace/Mechanical engineering with focus on manufacturing.
- Proficient with P&W proprietary tools and Engineering Standard Work
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges.
- Strong focus on results with the ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Clear and concise communicator with emphasis on tailoring to appropriate audience.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks across various hardware and engine programs at a time.
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis for onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Pratt & Whitney
113 Wells Street
North Berwick, Maine 03906 USA
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops game-changing technologies for the future, such as the PurePower® PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan engine technology. The company’s worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul networ…