Company: Southern Lakes Helicopters Ltd
Posted: 5 hours ago
Te Anau, Southland
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
$120,000 – $140,000 per year
The essence of what we do, is focused on quality, passion, and experience. We are proud of our team at Southern Lakes Helicopters and being a family owned and operated business. We are based in Mt Cook and Te Anau and provide a variety of helicopter services such as scenic flights, commercial operations, search and rescue and assisting with scientific research, both within New Zealand and internationally for more than 40 years.
We are looking for a self-driven Pilot, to be a part of our team at our Te Anau base. You would share responsibility for our base operations, whilst maintaining an operational line pilot role.
As a pilot in Te Anau, you will be a key and valued member of our Southern Lakes Helicopters team, reporting to the Chief Pilot. You will also have the full support of our Te Anau base behind you. This role will require you to live within Te Anau and able to work weekends.
We are committed to investing in the right person for our team and would do so by offering to upskill you in areas of technical skills, soft skills, leadership, and personal development. There will also be opportunities to work from and experience our Mt Cook base with flying and landing on glaciers.
Minimum Experience Required:
- CAANZ CPLH
- Minimum of 2,000 hours rotary experience
- Minimum 500 hours AS350 experience
- Longline and mountainous experience
- Class 1 NZ medical certificate
- New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Full driver’s license
- Willingness and great attitude to operate as a team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- EC120 rating and experience
- BK117 rating and experience
- Unrestricted night VFR rating
- Snow and glacier experience
- EMS/SAR experience
- Hoist experience
- Computer and IT skills
- Dangerous Goods License
What the role entails:
- Safe and professional performance of scenic and commercial flights
- Maintaining a high standard of aircraft cleanliness
- Managing and maintaining role equipment
- Assisting the team and day to day operations with identifying and implementing improvements
- Ensuring understanding and compliance of Company manuals, policies, and procedures
- Understanding and adherence to the Civil Aviation Act and rules
- Assisting management with base and external audit processes as required
- Practice and actively promote our Company’s safety policy and safety management system
- Identifying and driving opportunities for business development
- Working alongside our Mt Cook base to collectively achieve our Company vision and goals
- Communicating and co-ordination of maintenance requirements with Chief Pilot.
What attributes we look for:
- A team player with a collaborative and proactive attitude with being in a small team
- Excellent planning, organising and communication skills over multiple platforms
- Have a positive, proactive, and problem-solving attitude
- Adaptable and prioritising to meet changing operational demands
- Well-developed computer and IT skills
We are offering you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team based in a unique environment. We offer an attractive salary package, which would be offered to you acknowledging the level of experience, skills, and attributes that you bring to our team.
If you are ready to step up and be part of our team, we would love to hear from you. Please either apply through Seek or email through your cover letter and CV to [Email removed. See source link below. /Admin].