AME Chief Engineer – Rotary Wing (Permanent)
Richmond, Canada, CA, V7B 0A4
Onsite or Hybrid:
AME Chief Engineer – Rotary Wing (Permanent)
Expected Salary: $88,395.00 to $125,093.00
Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
Babcock aviation delivers critical and vital aviation services to the civil and defence sectors across five countries. Babcock supports over 300 aircraft globally providing a variety of services: military and emergency services, air ambulance, search and rescue, firefighting services, pilot training, and airbase support.
In Canada, Babcock is a well-established and growing provider of services to the aviation sector. Babcock is proud to work alongside the Government of Manitoba to deliver their wildfire suppression services, as well as key components of their critical fixed-wing air ambulance services. In British Columbia, Babcock Canada is establishing a Rotary Wing AW169 maintenance division and has been subcontracted by the Air Ambulance service provider to deliver engineering and maintenance support operations.
Babcock also works in the Marine sector, where our teams provide critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. Our Canadian team is proud to be trusted to deliver key naval in-service support for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Whether it is providing technical training instruction, developing training materials or maintaining critical training assets, Babcock is trusted by its customers to deliver world-class training solutions.
Babcock’s Purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together. Our Principles create the foundation for how we will do this. They keep us on the right course, unify the way we work and guide us towards success. By thinking, connecting, and acting in line with these Principles, we’ll deliver better outcomes for our Culture, Customers and Communities. Collectively at Babcock, our employees embody the Principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Challenge the status quo, Be Curious, and ask, ‘how might we?’
- Whenever measuring success, Think: Outcomes and positive impacts.
- Be Kind to ourselves, each other, and our planet.
- Babcock employees Collaborate – we are greater than the sum of our parts,
- Be Courageous – be brave, ambitious, and determined.
- Everyone has a part to play – Own and Deliver to be successful.
We encourage you to explore our Babcock Canada website to learn more about us at www.babcockcanada.com.
Babcock is looking to establish a Rotary Wing division within it’s aviation business in Canada and is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced engineering managers to lead the introduction to service and subsequent operations.
In this role, you will:
- In cooperation with the PRM and Director of Operations, BC oversee and provide central coordination and management functions for the aircraft maintenance and AMO staff across multiple locations based on experience, qualifications and authorization levels, to carry out maintenance activities on behalf of the company;
- Recommend qualified personnel for issuance of Aircraft Certification Authority;
- Ensure parts, materials, tools, equipment and technical and regulatory data required to carry out the maintenance process are available and used as required by all personnel;
- Ensure all defects and rectifications are controlled, recorded in accordance with the Maintenance Process Manual (MPM) and/or a customer Maintenance Control Manual (MCM);
- Assist the PRM in developing and carrying out corrective actions as a result of findings from Quality Assurance or Safety Management reports, audits or investigations;
- During periods of PRM absence, act on their behalf in accordance with the MPM;
- Ensure the work-place is clean and organized to ensure a safe work environment;
- Lead and mentor staff to develop a strong cohesive team & ensure continuous training is provided;
- Ensure established safety, quality, maintenance and other applicable processes, procedures and standards are maintained to ensure continued airworthiness;
- Monitor employee and operational performance and identify initiatives to deliver continuous performance improvement within the maintenance function;
- Prepare or review reports and provide technical input and analysis relevant to the maintenance program in order to inform senior managers;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PRM.
The ideal candidate brings:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (TC, FAA, EASA) within helicopter operations;
- A Type Rating on medium helicopters. Experience on AW139, 169, 189; would be an asset;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Lead/Crew Chief;
- Experience working or managing multiple locations is an asset;
- Knowledge of Transport Canada applicable CARs as they relate to AMO operations;
- A strong leadership ability demonstrated in an aviation maintenance environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality, Risk and Safety Management processes;
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priorities while remaining focused, calm, and professional under pressure;
- An ability to prioritize according to business needs with a flexible and adaptable approach;
- An ability to work very effectively within a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to make presentations to internal team members and senior managers;
- Competence working with Microsoft Office Application software including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; an asset
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing. Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service
Applicants, please apply online at https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/
Babcock is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.