[Application deadline is 24 November 2023. /Admin]
S92A & AW189 B1.3 & / or B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Location: Europe > UK > UK Territory > Falklands
Country: Falkland Islands
Posted on: Posted Yesterday
Start date: 2023-11-01
Job type: Full time
Job id: R-0003532
S92A & AW189 B1.3 &/ or B2 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Equal Time Roster – 42 Days On / 42 Days Off
Bristow Helicopters invites applications for the positions of CAA Type Rated S92A B1.3 & B2 Licensed Engineer based at MPA Falkland Islands. These positions are responsible to the Chief Engineers.
- Certification at B1.3 &/or B2 level on S92. (an AW189 type rating, or Goodrich Hoist training would be an advantage);
- Line maintenance, modification, repairs, and component changes on S92/AW189 and other aircraft required;
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks carried out meet the standard to CAA regulations;
- Help maintain / improve Company standards;
- Ensure that all maintenance is completed within the appropriate time scales to ensure provision of serviceable aircraft to meet the operational expectations;
- Inform and update the Chief Engineer on the maintenance situation;
- Marshalling, refuelling, ground handling of aircraft;
- Where assigned, mentor trainees.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an experienced AW189 B1.3/B2 type rated engineer;
- CAA Part 66 B1.3/B2 license holder;
- Proven track record of performing aircraft maintenance operations in a safe, efficient, and effective manner under supervision;
- Have the ability to work in all weathers and under time pressure;
- Must be eligible to either work in the Falkland Islands or be able to meet Falkland Island work permit requirements;
- Be IT literate in MS office applications is essential;
- Working knowledge of ERP systems – SAP / eMX / RAMCO is desirable;
- Good communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work effectively within a small team;
- Flexibility to support a remote operation such as in the Falklands Islands.
- Competitive Salary;
- Equal Time Roster – 42 Days On / 42 Days Off;
- Job Security – MoD contract;
- Accommodation and Meals provided;
- Travel costs for commuting to Brize Norton, UK;
- Flights to and from the Falklands Islands;
- Falklands Allowance is payable;
- Free Employee Assistance Programme, inc. Wellbeing and Perks;
- Life Assurance (3.0 x Basic Salary);
- Workplace Auto Enrolment pension scheme (5% employee / 3% employer of qualifying earnings) if recruited from the UK. Falkland Islands pension applies if recruiting from the Falklands;
- Occupational Sick Pay (8 weeks full pay / 8 weeks half pay).
The successful candidate will need to comply with local Immigration Policies, Medical Requirements and Security Clearance Processes to obtain a relevant work permit, if not a resident in the Falkland Islands.
Closing Date – Friday 24th November 2023 (C.O.B.)
Please note that due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond individually to all applications. Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be contacted directly. We would like to thank all applicants for the time and effort taken in applying.