Utility Construction Helicopter Pilot – 21 on / 21 off – 180 Days Annually
JBI Helicopter Services •
Pembroke, New Hampshire, USA
Position Type: Permanent
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Utility Construction Helicopter Pilot to join our team on a full-time basis. As a key member of our aerial operations, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting personnel and equipment to and from construction sites in remote and challenging environments. This role requires a commitment to a 21-days-on, 21-days-off schedule, providing a balance between work and personal time.
- Conduct pre-flight inspections and ensure the helicopter is in optimal condition for each mission.
- Perform utility powerline construction and maintenance activities to include patrol, skid work, external load operations Class A, B, and C to include carriage of Human External Loads.
- Work closely with ground crews and construction teams to coordinate flight schedules and logistics.
- Adhere to safety protocols and regulations at all times to ensure the well-being of all crew members and passengers.
- Conduct emergency procedures and respond effectively to unforeseen situations to ensure the safety of the crew and equipment.
- Maintain accurate flight records, including flight logs, maintenance records, and any incident reports.
- Collaborate with air traffic control and other relevant authorities to ensure compliance with airspace regulations.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development to stay current with industry best practices and safety standards.
- FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot License.
- Minimum of the following requirements:
- 2,000 hours of total PIC flight time
- 250 hours specifically in utility construction helicopter operations
- 100 hours in HEC/External Load
- 100 hours in Vertical Reference
- Experience in MD500 series aircraft is preferred.
- Ability to work on a 21-days-on, 21-days-off schedule, demonstrating flexibility and commitment to the rotation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with ground crews and construction teams.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of relevant aviation regulations, safety standards, and emergency procedures.
- Proficient in the use of navigation and communication equipment.
- Competitive salary + per diem
- Work Over 180 Day Policy paid at additional daily rate
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Clothing Allowance
If you are a skilled and dedicated helicopter pilot with a passion for utility construction operations, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in supporting construction projects in challenging environments.
Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test prior to an official offer. Once an offer has been made and accepted, you will be required to participate in the Drug and Alcohol Abatement program.
No phone calls, please. Click the apply button to submit your resume.
JBI Helicopter Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are proud to be a drug free, smoke free work place.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
JBI Helicopter Services
720 Clough Mill Rd
Pembroke, New Hampshire 03275 USA
Besides our own aircraft, we manage, maintain and staff other privately owned aircraft. JBI is a FAA Certified Part 145 Repair Station and an Authorized BELL Helicopter Customer Service Facility. Our professional, factory trained technicians perform high…
Bell and MD
Bell 206 Jet Rangers, Long Rangers, 407, 427, 429, and 430, MD 500